Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: eJukebox On Touchscreens
rllercstr7

posted on 10-27-2004 at 05:31 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
eJukebox On Touchscreens

I have seen quite a few pictures of people who have setup eJukebox on touchscreen monitors on these forums. I was just wondering if anyone has any advice on brands to look at that work well and what type they use. (capacitive, resistive, etc..) Also does anyone know if you can use dual monitors with touchscreens; one regular and one touchscreen hooked up to the same PC? Thanks :D
CiXel

posted on 11-1-2004 at 05:12 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I Have an ELO CRT Touchscreen with a serial interface that works really well. I don't know which type it is but it doesn't have a grid system on the front. I use it in a dual monitor config with a TV being the other monitor (Which I primarily use for visualizations whil ethe touchscreen runs the EJ Software) That can Be a little trickier, becasue not all visualizations want to run on the the secondary monitor as their default. (And although I can MOVE EJ to the second monitor by allowing offscreen placement, I can't get it to STARTUP their. So so much for that. I run a Low res 800x600 so i can make the icons big enough for fingers. And I increase the font size as an overall windows default.
matthewlking.com

posted on 11-1-2004 at 11:20 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Personally I think Ejuke has a big of growth to do still before touchscreens work really well with it. Namely bigger buttons in specifc areas.
pathomas

posted on 11-7-2004 at 04:25 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The dual monitor should not be a problem. A touch screen works by emulating the mouse on the computer. it just means your mouse will move very fast to the other screen if someone touches it.
Touchscreen wise I installed a microtouch touch screen on a jukebox that I built for a large hotel in the Los Angeles area a couple of months ago. The screen and eJukebox work great. But I have since had to recalibrate the touch sensitivity after a power outage.
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member pathomas's Aim pathomas's Yahoo
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats