Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Ej and bitrates
Fishy

eureka.gif posted on 10-23-2004 at 08:59 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ej and bitrates

It could prove handy if the playlist, when the scaling functions are integrated properly, could show the bitrates of the mp3's.
(in addition to song lenght and a small album image maybe?)

I try to isolate mp3's with quality >160kbps and it could prove easier to detect these "black birds" in the collection if their bitrates were displayed in the playlist, and maybe the songlist as well...

Currently I have to go to winamp to see bitrates of songs, which makes detecting these harder since I run winamp as 'hidden'...

Maybe a function which could sort out all songs in the collection from bitrate could be accompanied with the suggestion above.. For example showing all albums which included songs >160 kbps in the albumlist or simular. I do think that these functions could make it easier to detect songs with unacceptable quality in larger albumcollections.

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Dyno Don

posted on 10-23-2004 at 10:33 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I second the request for song lengths. Some tunes like Coltrane can be 30 minutes or more. It would be nice to now how long before you pick it. Especially in my video jukebox. Some clips are really long.

I am pretty sure it can't be done. I don't think that is stored in the tag... or is it?

Don
junk

posted on 10-24-2004 at 06:21 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I used iTunes to sort out my bad seeds, (mp3's with 128 and lower bitrates), it displays the bitrate in the songlist, and you can sort every item.

It is not a function i use very often, but it could be handy, especially since i uninstalled iTunes a long time ago. After being a eJ user, iTunes seemed very crippled and limited, and it also used a lot more system resources, i could not use my Winamp plugins etc. But for this bitrate sorting function, it worked nicely. :)
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
Fishy

posted on 10-24-2004 at 08:14 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Forget about Itunes, found a much better way to do it :)

Using the advanced find functions in the filemanager directory opus 8.0.. I was able to search my mp3 directory by bitrate criteria. It found all my songs which had a maximum 128kbps bitrate and displayed all of them in a nice list :) You can get it at http://www.dopus.com Brilliant program!

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
stsirois

posted on 10-24-2004 at 11:45 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
You can do this with Explorer in Windows XP. You just have to add a bitrate field to your Explorer directory.

Thanks,
Steve
Fishy

posted on 10-24-2004 at 01:52 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
and then I will be able to search up the specific songs which got 160 kbps or less and have them listed in it's own window?

-----------
Fishy
Fishy

posted on 10-28-2004 at 06:14 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Dyno Don
Especially in my video jukebox. Some clips are really long.

Don

Video Jukebox you say? Would love to learn more about that one :)
I think it could be neat if ej had a videolist, functioning quite like the albumlist.. Except that it would show covers for musicvideo clips and live concerts instead :) Or is this already accomplishable somehow?
Dyno Don

posted on 10-28-2004 at 06:56 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Fishy,

It was simple. I installed eJ in another directory. Then I dragged each clip into winamp, which plays it. Other than having to drag each one it works well. Once in eJ you can rename it, add covers, everything. Winamp even knows how long each clip is. I have a TV hooked to the svhs out of my video card (nvidia) and enable dual display. The bottom monitor is the ej. The top shows the videos. Very popular here! I did have problems with it skipping videos. Winamp sometimes wouldn't play them. I recently solved it by buying a real mpeg decoder. Works great now. I would be glad to discuss more if you want. It is really cool. Gotta have some space tho. I bet I have 260 gigs of videos...

Don
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats