Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Cool software, but Album Art Tags?
Empty_Shell

posted on 9-28-2004 at 05:41 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Cool software, but Album Art Tags?

Hi, Ive been trying to set up a jukebox system for an upcoming wedding party and have searched extensively for software that suits my needs/tastes.
In my opinion, eJukebox is the slickest attempt ive seen yet but I can't for the life of me get the software to display my album art.
I had a lot of mp3's semi tagged and with zero art so decided to purchase mp3Tag to do all (most) of the work for me just as a massive batch job. It performed well obtaining art/lyrics etc which I can view in windows media player, musicmatch jb and various mp3 related software, but disappointingly not in eJukebox.

Ive tryed using other mp3 tagging software (tag tools, tag clinic) to no effect with their image tagging functions. Also, they will show the art tagged by MP3Tag and indicate the tag having a field type "Cover (front)" whereas those tagged with the built in editor of eJ have a field type "Other". If that makes sense to anyone. Ive tryed editing the mp3 - saving with field type "other" , still nothing. What is different here in the way art is tagged?

Getting confused, and disheartened - any ideas much appreciated.

Its not something stupid like no art displayed in unregistered version is it? as i have been hesitant to purchase due to this problem.
rllercstr7

posted on 9-28-2004 at 09:09 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Empty_Shell, eJukebox should automatically look up your album covers for you from some database. (Not sure what its called) Every option in the pro version of eJukebox is in the demo version so albums should be working. When you play a song for the first time eJukebox should look up the album cover. When you play a song in the now playing window do you see a magnifying glass over the area the cover should show up in? It should then show up under the albums tab with all the other albums that have been looked up so far. If eJukebox is not automatically looking up the covers it is possible this feature has been disabled. One of the buttons to the right of the play controls pulls up an options menu. Click on the "Other" tab and make sure the box that says "Disable automatic album cover lookups" does NOT have a check in it. If you are still having problems click on the albums tab and at the top of the window you will see 3 buttons (Full List, Search, and Options) Click on options and then "Lookup missing cover images." Hopefully this will load up all the covers. You can also try clicking the full list button. Let me know if that works or you still need help. :P
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 9-28-2004 at 11:29 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
If you added album art to the mp3 tags 'after' setting up your eJukebox database: you will need to rebuild your music database to get eJukebox to see the art. On the eJukebox options panel...click the 'Update Database' button and select Rebuild.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Empty_Shell

posted on 9-29-2004 at 12:29 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks for both replies, firstly rllercstr - yes am aware of eJ's auto lookup and this is not disabled, it does work to some degree with my mp3's.
The annoyance of it is that my mp3's already have ALL their album art tagged the way I want them, eJ just doesnt see it - well it sees everything bar the graphic.
Thanks Audiosoft for your reply, have tried rebuilding database everytime on a small folder containing 4 albums, fully tagged. 2 albums tagged through eJ and 2 (which dont show) through other tagging software, ive also tried complete reinstalls.
There is some compatibility issue or tagging schema that is not consistent between these different programs, a lot of other software sees it so I can only assume the problem is within eJ, dont get me wrong, i think that eJukebox is great and if it comes down to it I think I will wipe all my tags and redo them through eJ's editor (lot of work I already done...bugger) but I think there is definitely an issue here - am curious to know if anyone has had success with pre-tagged mp3's (with other taggers) importing into eJ's database with success and name of software used. Thanks again.
Fishy

posted on 9-29-2004 at 09:29 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I got fine experiences with a "second hand tagger" named tag&rename. A big bonus is that it can get albuminfo directly from Amazon, which eases the tagging process quite a lot :)
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Empty_Shell

posted on 9-29-2004 at 09:35 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks Fishy, downloaded tag&rename to try out, it could see my images in the tag and thanks to its batch tagging I was able to go into each album, then "edit all supported tag fields", ticked the "art" and it rewrites all files in a format that eJ can see. Saved a lot of work reaquiring the images that I wanted so thanks very much.
Still strange but, am thinking that this must be a simple problem with the way frames are read and written between these different pieces of software, anyway tag&rename bridged them for me nicely so cheers.
Fishy

posted on 9-29-2004 at 10:04 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Glad to hear that it does the job for you too.. :) Ej and tag&rename is a powerful fusion.. Cheers!
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 9-30-2004 at 11:38 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : Empty_Shell
Still strange but, am thinking that this must be a simple problem with the way frames are read and written between these different pieces of software

I totally agree, Empty_Shell...
I've already experienced the same thing than you with my album covers in the tags and various softwares... It seems that each software do what it can, but...
Fortunately, like says Fishy, tag&rename works good with eJukebox!

Personally now, i just put a "cover.jpg" image in the repertory of each album, and eJukebox read them during the database rebuilding!
It's another easy solution, providing you have organized your albums each one in a separate repertory... but then, no need to put an image in each mp3! :)
noision

posted on 10-1-2004 at 03:17 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I am finding that eJukebox is not recognizing albums made from .m4a files.

I.e., if I have a ZZTop folder with two subfolders for two separate albums. If one subfolder has fully tagged (w/album art from byTaag&Rename) .mp3 files and the other subfolder has similarly fully tagged .m4a files, then eJukebox will show all the tracks from both albums but will only identify the .mp3 files as belonging to an album and show the album art. The .m4a album tracks will just show up as loose ZZTop tracks . . .

I wish this would be fixed!
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-1-2004 at 08:16 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The best way to get eJukebox to recoginze .m4a files (or any other non-mp3/mpc file type without ID3 tags) is to name them "track# - artist - title.m4a" then put all the files from the album in a single folder named after the album...then drop a "cover.jpg" file in the folder. After that you would need to use eJukebox's Database Update wizard to either rebuild the whole database or rebuild the album folder, in order for eJukebox to recognize the changes.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
noision

posted on 10-2-2004 at 11:06 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks .m4a files do have some sort of tags right? Will a future version of eJukebox recognize these?
perf

posted on 10-8-2004 at 11:57 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft,

I did this for my wma files, but the application did not pick up the album names for the folder names.

/Per
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats