Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: What happen to all the user posts?
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 3-11-2003 at 07:18 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
What happen to all the user posts?

Unfortunately, someone going by the handle 'd3mont3' has hacked into and deleted all the forum messages today - Monday, March 10th, 2003.

All 1,500+ posts and 100+ user accounts have been lost. :(

We have tracked down the hacker and he has agreed to make up for his actions. If he fails to do so we will be turning him over to the FBI.

Our forum has been upgraded to the latest version available, fixing the security hole that allowed him to take over the forum.

This has been a tough hit for us to take. With only a couple of days before v3.0's release, we now have no posts for users to read to get answers to common questions. We really need a windows help file for eJukebox but do not have the time do create one as all of us are committed to eJukebox coding. Hopefully we will be able to get around to creating one eventually. If anyone that is experienced in the matter and wants to help us create a help file for eJukebox please email us at contact@audiosoft.net.

Users of the old forums: We are thoroughly frustrated that all of your and our posts have been lost. Please stick with us as we will rapidly respond to your new posts just as we did before. Please help us get back to 1,500+ posts!

If you wish to view some posts made before June 2002 they were archived by The WayBack Machine at:
http://web.archive.org/web/20020607110753/www.audiosoft.net/forum/index.php

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
sghoughton

posted on 3-11-2003 at 02:54 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Why dont you put up a forum called FAQ or something and anyone whose asked questions or had answers can put up the information they received on questions they had. It would build back the knowledge base fairly quickly.

steve
stsirois

posted on 3-11-2003 at 03:22 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hello Audiosoft,

I'm really sorry about that cracker that deleted all the posts here. Those people make me sick & angry:mad:. As a consolation, I was able to pull up some of the forum's old posts here at the Wayback web site:

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.audiosoft.net

I was only able to get the posts from March 2002, but the site does show that they archived it back in June of 2002. Maybe you could work with that site to get all of your posts back.

There also seems to be cached posts available on Google like this one. Maybe you can contact Google for a more complete backup of the forums.

Anyway, good luck with the rebuilding process - I hope to be an eJukebox owner someday!! I was waiting on some bugs to be fixed from v2.99r5, so I'm gonna lurk in this forum to make sure most of the nasty bugs are gone & then make a decision. I'm too paranoid about losing my precious MP3s to risk trying out beta software. Keep up the great effort!

Thanks,
Steve
jhlurie

posted on 3-11-2003 at 08:32 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Sorry to hear about your problems with the hacker. I, in fact, tried to log in here during that period and when my account wasn't there, I recreated it. So now some bloody hacker probably has my email address, IP address, real name, whatever. Whoopie. I think I'll go paint a big target on my monitor.

Good luck with your repairs here.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 3-11-2003 at 09:39 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
stsirois,

Actually you would probally be better off using the beta if you are worried about your Mp3's being corrupted as we fixed allot, if not all, of those issuses in v3.0 Beta1. So there should definiately be less of a risk with the beta when it comes to mp3 corruption.

Thanks for the info web.archive.organd the google cache, there is still a chance we may be able to get some of the posts back.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mabonetti

posted on 4-6-2003 at 10:14 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
We have tracked down the hacker and he has agreed to make up for his actions. If he fails to do so we will be turning him over to the FBI.

Is there any chance that data gets recovered?

Good luck and I´m sure everybody is gonna support you !

MA
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-6-2003 at 10:24 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Unfortunately there is no longer a chance of recovering the data. We tried our best.

A few of the old posts can been seen by searching for "ejukebox forums" with google and clicking on the "cached" links.

jacoblo33

posted on 4-7-2003 at 07:41 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
What happened to the guy?
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
DIE3HKKO

posted on 4-7-2003 at 09:38 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote

TextBlue
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member DIE3HKKO's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger DIE3HKKO's Yahoo
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats