Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Album art and changing tags
prestique

posted on 8-20-2004 at 08:42 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Album art and changing tags

For reasons I won't go into, I don't want my tags to change or even be touched. But it appears that in order to show album art, eJukebox stores the image in the tags. Is there any way for eJukebox to show the cover art WITHOUT changing anything regarding the tags? I hope so, because as I said, I really can't allow it to alter the tags in any manner. Please help!!
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 8-20-2004 at 08:48 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Build your database from a network drive... It's radical! ;)
prestique

posted on 8-20-2004 at 09:02 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'll add a little more to my previous post:

I already have the album art located in each album folder, labeled as folder.jpg because the of Windows XP use of thumbnails, as well as a plug-in I have for Winamp that uses that .jpg file to show the art. However, since I found out about eJukebox, I really REALLY like it. I have over 2,800 albums, all ripped using EAC at VBR. I wanted a way to play the music and also have something user friendly for parties and stuff. eJukebox fits that mold, but I just don't want it to mess with my tags at all. Any suggestions are welcome!
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 8-20-2004 at 10:52 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
2,800 albums!!! :o :)

I think you should create a "read only" network drive for your music folder, then build a new eJukebox database from this network drive.
In this way, eJukebox will never modify your mp3 tags! It will only writes modifications and album covers into its database file.

Sorry for my bad english... :(
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 8-20-2004 at 11:22 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
prestique,

If you have a cover.jpg in each album's folder then eJukebox will not need to lookup the album or change the album info in the tags. In your case, the only thing eJukebox will change in the tag is the popularity count. If you don't want eJukebox updating the popularity count of your mp3s in the tag you can put all your music files on a network drive..as eJukebox never automatically writes any tag data to mp3 files on networked drives.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats