Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: EJ on Diskless Win XP
Krobar

posted on 7-24-2004 at 02:56 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
EJ on Diskless Win XP

Hi All,

After finding there was no solution to the Album cover limit on Win98 I decided to make the switch to Win XP. MY system runs without a hard disk or fans and in fact has no moving parts at all.

The solution I got for Diskless XP was alot easier to setup than the free Win98 solution but very pricey at 200Euros. The price for additrional clients is quite a bit lower. The software boots in about 10 seconds and performance in EJ 3.88 is superb (Dont wait for anything except first album list which takes about 5secs). The only limitations of the software are you must have a fixed IP and ACPI standby and hibernate are disabled.

Just thought others who wish for an utterly silent Jukebox might wanna here about this.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 7-24-2004 at 08:43 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Sounds nice! Does it run on Solid State (Flash) Hard Drives or off the Local Area Network?

This looks like it is the best Solid State Hard Drive currently available (90GB): http://www.m-sys.com/Content/Products/product.asp?PID=34 .To bad it costs $40,000

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Krobar

posted on 7-25-2004 at 11:41 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It runs off the network. The software LanPC3 allows this, Qualystem who produce the software will offer the software in single licenses if asked.

Ive had it up and running now a few days and performance is faultless. I did have to disable Virtual Memory otherwise the writing to the network would interrupt the music (I use a very small buffered ASIO plugin). I may build a second Jukebox for the living room as it really is a joy to use.

That SSD looks interesting although not as interesting as Porsche ;)
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats