Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: [FIXED] MS Keyboard software becomes non-functional
scottych

posted on 3-12-2003 at 04:37 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
[FIXED] MS Keyboard software becomes non-functional

Hi,

First off, this is a great piece of software and probably the most innovative media progy I have seen in a long while, great job!

This bug appears to apply to both the last official version i used, 2.99r and the 3.0 beta. While ejukebox is running, my MS Office Keyboard Intellitype 2.1 software is non-functional and all my special keys, buttons do nothing. As soon as ejukebox is no longer running, the keyboard functions are fine again. I really like ejukebox and am willing to purchase and support this product, but, I need this bug resolved first, as I am a slave to my Office keyboard. I am running WinXp with SP1 and have no problems with ejukebox and any other programs.

Thanks!

Scotty Chapman
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 3-12-2003 at 07:31 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Do your Intellitype keys work when the eJukebox is minimized?

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
scottych

posted on 3-12-2003 at 05:37 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks for the quick response.

I just tried minimizing ejukebox both to the taskbar and the new minimize to the system tray in 3beta, keyboard still not working.

Any thoughts?
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 3-12-2003 at 09:42 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Please try installing the latest version of your keyboard software v2.21 from:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=899e0bb9-4438-4f03-a904-c19245c03250&DisplayLang=en

See if that fixes the problem or not and let us know.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
scottych

posted on 3-12-2003 at 10:12 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hi,

I am running the latest version of the MS Intellitype software, 2.21. I mistyped on my original post and called it 2.1, but I am using the latest software MS has available.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 3-12-2003 at 10:47 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Is your F Lock key located in the top left corner of the keyboard lit up?

scottych

posted on 3-12-2003 at 11:20 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hi,

I can have the F-lock key enabled or disabled, and the light will go on and off, however, none of the keys will work with ejukebox running in F-lock on or off mode.
scottych

smile.gif posted on 3-16-2003 at 01:17 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Status

Hi,

Just checking in if you have had any luck with fixing this problem/bug.

Thanks,

Scotty Chapman
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 3-18-2003 at 07:54 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
We are still looking into it. So far we haven't been able to figured out what eJukebox could be doing to cause your keyboard buttons not to function. eJukebox uses a widely used standard method to enable keyboard shortcuts within eJukebox so it should not effect other programs. Plus we use similar enhanced keyboards by Logitech here with no problems at all.

What version of Winamp are you using with eJukebox? Try using Winamp v2.81 instead of Winamp v3.0 or vica versa and see if that fixes the keyboard problem.

Winamp v2.81: http://classic.winamp.com/download/

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-4-2003 at 12:42 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
You keyboard may require winamp to not be minimized in order to control it. So while eJukebox is running you should make sure that Winamp is onscreen and not minimized. Let us know if that fixes it or not.

scottych

posted on 4-12-2003 at 05:16 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hello,

I can have Winamp 2.x or 3.x installed, minimized or showing, ejukebox minimized or showing and every other combination, but the problem remains. I have found that if I use task manager and force the type32.exe (the actual keyboard software) to close, and then restart it while ejukebox is running, then my keyboard works fine. But, only until the next time I open ejukebox, then the problem returns.

Thanks for all the effort!

scottych
SteveS

posted on 4-12-2003 at 03:28 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Oops, I just mailed you with exactly the same problem then saw this thread (insert one of those embarrassed smileys here)

......so I guess it's not a problem local to Scottys machine.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-12-2003 at 06:19 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
OK, it looks like it is a problem within the Intellitype software after all and not eJukebox. This must be the case because non-Microsoft based Keyboards work fine and restarting "type32.exe" for MS Keyboards fixes the problem.

What is the file location of "type32.exe"? What we can do is have eJukebox automatically restart "type32.exe" right after eJukebox starts up, which should fix the problem.

We will post a Beta eJukebox version, under this post, for users affected by this problem to test shortly. That way you can help us verify that our solution fixes the problem before we release an official eJukebox Upgrade.

Thanks for your help!

SteveS

posted on 4-12-2003 at 06:47 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hi,

It seems to have installed itself in 2 places on my pc.

"C:/Program Files/Microsoft Hardware/Keyboard"
And
C:/Program Files/Microsoft IntelliType Pro/Keyboard/Setup/MSH/KBD

I'm too daft to figure out which one it actually uses, but if it helps "msconfig" -startup tab uses a copy it puts in registry I think. anyway it reports the location as HKLM/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Run

(I have used forward / in the paths because backslash kept getting removed by some formatting code on here that I couldn't find/fix, lol.)

XP Pro. Don't know for other O/S's I'm afraid.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-12-2003 at 07:13 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thank you for the info. We should be able to have eJukebox figure out the location of it no matter were it is. However before doing that we wanted to have eJukebox check the default location first, which look like is: "C:/Program Files/Microsoft Hardware/Keyboard"

Now, when you close and restart Type32.exe do any Microsoft dialogs or windows show up?

SteveS

posted on 4-12-2003 at 07:46 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Oh yes windows moans when you shut it down. The text is as follows:

WARNING: Terminating a process can cause undesired results including loss of data and system instability. The process will not be given the chance to save its state of data before it is terminated. Are you sure you want to terminate the process?
Yes/No.

I have alt-screenshot it and emailed it in its original format to you as a jpg. Don't suppose that helps at all but it amused me to send a M$ chicken switch message to somewhere other than M$ whose O/S tries to get me to send them all my errors....

It doesn't complain when you restart it but the process is then owned by the current user rather than system......
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-12-2003 at 10:33 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
We have attempted to make it so eJukebox automatically closes and restarts "Type32.exe" on eJukebox startup. Hopefully this will fix it. There shouldn't be any dialogs or windows that come up when this happens as eJukebox should be able to do it all in the background.

Please test this beta out for us by downloading the following and saving/replacing it over the old file in "C:\Program Files\eJukebox". Then run eJukebox and let us know if your keyboard works correctly.

http://oldlink/eJukebox.exe

SteveS

posted on 4-13-2003 at 01:18 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Well, admittedly it is now 2 in the morning here in the UK and along with my friends I have consumed a fair bit of white wine.....

But. With the new .exe I get....

"Database Corruption Detected. eJukebox will now attept to repair its Database..."

and when you accept this...

"Database Could Not be Repaired
Please Download and Install the latest eJukebox Upgrade from:
http//www.audiosoft.net/download.htm"

When you click ok to this it takes you to your home page.

The old .exe (i.e. starting the app from the start menu) seems unaffected.

I have to say fellas you are going to get my money shortly anyway, I can live with restarting the M$ keyboard app after eJukebox and can't believe that I am dealing with a company that is prepared to change source code on the very same day that I raise an issue. A Saturday at that. What service!.

And yes, for your records, this is an enquiry that was started from your app being featured on Winamps features page.
SteveS

posted on 4-13-2003 at 01:34 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ha. Told you I had been on the wine. Had I followed your instructions properly.....

Have now put the new .exe in the eJukebox directory (rather than trying to run it from where I downloaded it to) and lo, it only feckin works! (pardon the swearing but I cannot believe this, I work as an IT project manager and have some clue as to how it normally pans out [rolleyes smiley])

The meagre amount you are asking for your software is on it's way......

A heartfelt "Thankyou", not just for the fix but for restoring my faith that some software developers DO give a sh*t. :)

Magic. :)
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-13-2003 at 02:15 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Your Welcome! :D
Very glad that we were able to get the MS Keyboard issue resolved. Thank you for testing it for us.

This "fix" will be included in v3.02.

Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats