Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Many Missing Albums
slick

posted on 6-23-2004 at 12:24 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Many Missing Albums

I have installed the trial version of eJukebox and like it very much. I am tempted to buy it, but I need to iron out a few problems.

I have 1800 music files on my pc, but the program only recognises 12 albums. I know there appears to be an issue with wma files, but the rest are mp3.

Some albums have names like "01" or "T" on the jukebox with is very frutrating. I changed loads this morning but then the program crashed and I lost my hard work. I am reluctant to put further effort into naming files until I can sort this out.

Does anyone have any advice?
junk

posted on 6-23-2004 at 01:20 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hi! :) If you read this thread, you'll end up wiser. Seems very much like the same situation. And Audiosoft's reply is encouraging indeed.

http://www.audiosoft.net/forums/viewthread.php?tid=853
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
slick

posted on 6-24-2004 at 09:55 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks for the reply. I had already read that post. I am talking about mp3 albums that are not getting picked up.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-24-2004 at 10:24 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Have you tried restarting eJukebox after adding your music files to eJukebox?.... There is a bug in v3.83 and earlier, which has been fixed for the soon to be released v3.85, that caused an eJukebox restart to be needed, after adding new music files to the database, in order for all the albums to show up.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
slick

posted on 6-24-2004 at 01:59 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
yes.

I ripped a CD using the program (first 3 songs) and it was fine, but not with other mp3 files I have.

e.g. This is an image taken from my creed_human clay folder

http://www.couchwarriors.com/creed.gif

I couldn't find these songs in eJukebox. When I searched I found that the song number was the artist name!

Do I need to change each song to read:

creed - human clay - 01 - Are You Ready
creed - human clay - 02 - What if

etc....
Fishy

posted on 6-24-2004 at 02:03 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I think it's a good idea to let ej rely on tags instead of filenames..

You should get hold of a tag editor, f.ex tag&rename and edit your tags properly. pay special attention to the artist, album and songlist fields. Remember to rebuild your database in ejukebox when you're pleased with them.

An Alternative is to edit the tags directly in ejukebox, with the built in tag-editor. You can access it from the rightclick menu in the songlist. From where you choose 'edit song'.

Hope this helps..
Personally I use tag & rename if I need to edit a whole album at once. And stick to the built in editor to fix small bogues like wrong tracknumbers and such..

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
slick

posted on 6-24-2004 at 02:51 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Excellent. I used a tag editor ( called mp3 file editor) to sort out my confused albums. It works a treat. Thank you very much. I thought the tag was constructed by the file names which is why I was getting frustrated with it.

Is there any way to edit a whole albums tags at once? i.e. change the artist name and album name in one stroke?
Fishy

posted on 6-24-2004 at 03:14 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by slick

Is there any way to edit a whole albums tags at once? i.e. change the artist name and album name in one stroke?

Yupp.. Just make sure that this option is checked in tag&rename: options-->filelist-->"select all files".

Then push F10 when viewing an album you want to tag.

Tag&Rename will then hit the album up in the gigantic library of allmusic.com and grab the tags for all songs in the album. It will also grab the albumimages as well, and "bake" them into the ID3 tag.. ;)

You can also use the multi file tag editor in tag&rename. It is quite easy to use, just play a little around with it and you'll figure things out..
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-24-2004 at 06:08 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
RE: Is there any way to edit a whole albums tags at once? i.e. change the artist name and album name in one stroke?

You can also rename artist or album names in eJukebox by opening one of the songs (right click and select Edit Song) in the eJukebox editor and then clicking the little "R", next to the Artist field, or the "Rename Album" button... to rename on all the songs with the old Artist/Album name automatically.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
slick

posted on 6-25-2004 at 07:09 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks for the info, guys. The task is not as straightforward as it seems, because I have 200 songs for the artist listed simply as "T". I think I'll spend the day re-tagging. That and creating new skins.

Thanks again for all the info.

EDIT: If I import my albums one at a time and check the tags, it makes updating them easier!
ochristmas

posted on 6-25-2004 at 09:01 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
slick: I would highly recomend mp3tagstudio (http://www.magnusbrading.com/mp3ts/) for all your tagging work - it is very powerful and saves loads of time...

audiosoft: I am "nervous" - I have had exactly the same problem as slick (ie artist = tracknumber). Each time I have put it down to anything but eJukebox misapplying tags. When I go in sort out all the tags and then rebuild the database all is fine for a couple of months and then slowly but surely the problem will start happening again. If I write-protect all my mp3s will that prevent popularity being recorded etc? Basically I want to prevent eJukebox from doing anything to my tags (as I will do any tagwork in a dedicated program)

Thanks and sorry for the ramble!
slick

posted on 6-25-2004 at 09:55 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks for that ochristmas. Yeah, the program allows me to set Album titles, artists, year and genre en masse.

I think I know what you mean, one or two songs have already gone astray. Love the program though!
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-25-2004 at 11:49 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : ochristmas
Basically I want to prevent eJukebox from doing anything to my tags (as I will do any tagwork in a dedicated program)

There is an effective way to protect your mp3s: building your database from a network drive... It's possible even on a single PC if you have WinXP/2000. But your popularity stats and your ratings will no longer be saved in the id3tags...
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats