Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Content of my music folders.
dick

posted on 6-22-2004 at 02:43 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Content of my music folders.

My music library has been manually configured over the course of a few years. I have found that I am not very consistant with updating my ID tags, and renameing and orginising music in to folders is much simpler until Ejukebox came along. Now I am noticing it tends to stop in between songs quite a bit. My theory is that it is seeing a cover art image file, or a playlist file that is already inside of one of the folders and stops, possibly getting confused.

Is this causing it to stop?

Can I have other etc music related things in the folders or does it have to be strictly mp3/wmv/ogg etc?

thanks
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-22-2004 at 02:52 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
RE: Now I am noticing it tends to stop in between songs quite a bit....in the folders or does it have to be strictly mp3/wmv/ogg etc

The folders that contain your music can contain any other non-music files...that doesn't matter. If there is a cover.jpg file it will use that for the albums cover image during eJukebox database setup.

When is it stopping? During song playback or when you are setting up the eJukebox music database?

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
dick

posted on 6-22-2004 at 03:25 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Song changes.

I don't have anything queued up, just running by itself randomly

My music has a variety of codecs, but not anything weird.

Now that I know its not jpegs foobaring things, ill look in more detail as to whats in tehre that could screw something up.

Maybe a rouge or a long forgotton winamp playlist file.

*goes back to snooping*
dick

posted on 6-30-2004 at 09:05 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I reverted back to 3.6 and all is well. not to woried about it right now
Fishy

posted on 6-30-2004 at 09:59 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Don't want to mess up the inner feelings of relief you may have from it :), but sticking with an old version is not a good sollution in the long run. Especially not in the audiosoft world, where every new version is one more step against nirvana :)

Are you sure your tags are properly set up? You should have set the albumname and songalbum up properly in the tags when using ej. It's not a very good idea to solely base it on filenames. Editing a lot of tags is a pain, but is worth it at the end of the day. If you get hold of a good tag editor, tag&rename for instance, that will make the task much easier.

In additon make sure that both shuffle and repeat are disabled in winamp..

Hope this can help...

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
dick

posted on 6-30-2004 at 11:21 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Nobody can seem to be consistant with tags. I have found that with my library.

My present solution is to simply rename/edit/fix the song as I see it pop up in Ejuke.

I tried quite a few tag editors actualy, and had dissapointing results. Does anybody have a editor that works really well with EJuke?
Fishy

posted on 6-30-2004 at 11:37 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
When I get a new album I always assume that the tags are a mess and doesn't import them to ejukebox without running them through a tag editor first.. But different people got different habits :)

The fine thing with tag&rename is that it utilizes the great library of allmusic.com when getting tag information. Just press F10 when you view an album and it looks after it on allmusic.com and bakes the tags, including coverimage, into the mp3's.. You can of course use the internal editor in ejukebox as well.. But personally I don't find it as effective as tag&rename when it comes to tagging a lot of songs and albums at once.. But use what works best for you :)

Nb: Remember to rebuild the database when you use external programs to edit your mp3's... This should also be done if you move the files physically on your harddrive. My theory on why your playback stops sometimes is that these files have been altered in some way, outside ejukebox and ejukebox isn't able to locate the information it needs to play the song..

Rebuild is done from options--> update database-->Rebuild-database..

Hope this helps..

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
dick

posted on 6-30-2004 at 11:56 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Useful info about the id tags, thank you.
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats