Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: How to correct wrong album art?
guddler

posted on 6-11-2004 at 02:19 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
How to correct wrong album art?

Hi there,

As title. I'm getting a few albums coming through where the correct album cover is shown for the individual songs, yet the picture show for the album is nothing like right.

So far i haven't been able to see anywhere to correct this.

Any ideas please?

Thanks,
Martin.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-11-2004 at 09:23 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
You can right click on the "Now Playing" cover and select Edit from the menu or do the same over a song in the songlist.

From the editor you can tell it to auto lookup an image or use an image your specify from a file or internet url...after getting the album image you want for a song you can then click the "SetImage4All" button that shows up when all the songs from the album do not yet have the same album image...clicking that will set the image for all the songs in the album.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
guddler

posted on 6-12-2004 at 01:04 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Sadly, i already knew all that though.

Here's the problem!

When i click auto lookup, it finds the same album cover as for the song (ie, the CORRECT one), yet it still continues to show a completely unrelated picture for the album in the "now playing" and when i click for the large image.

I tried to click the "use image from" button, but as i don't know specifically where it's getting the correct cover from (because it auto found it) i can't put in the url, and i can't browse to the local location as i don't know where it put it either.

It seems that unless i complete one of these two steps i can't click on the "set 4 all tracks" button, as it isn't there until the end of that step. That's all i really need to do since it's already found the right one!

I hope i'm explaining this correctly :)

If not, i can include some screenshots or something...

Thanks,
Martin.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-12-2004 at 01:13 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The "Use Image From" button is not supposed to be used for images that eJukebox autolooksup. You use this button to set an image that you find on the web or an image you saved or scanned from the physical cd case to your hard drive.

When an autolookedup album image is incorrect we recommend that you go into the eJukebox editor for the song...visit allmusic.com in your web browser and locate the correct album...then right click the album image on allmusic.com and copy its location URL...then go back to eJukebox and then click "Use Image From"...and paste the image location URL and click Go. This will then download and store the image from the website and embed it in the mp3 file's ID3 tag for use as the album cover image. You then click the "SetImage4All" button that appears to embed the image in and use it for the rest of the songs in the album.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
guddler

posted on 6-15-2004 at 01:22 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
<sigh>

I think you're missing the point here!

Again, i could have quite happily worked all that out for myself, it's not hard!

The point i'm trying to make here is this...

This has happened twice so far. Say i have an album of 10 songs. eJukebox shows the wrong album art in the "now playing" pane (although last time i ran it, the correct art was there - go figure!). So i click on edit song and lo and behold, the CORRECT album art is already sitting there staring me in the face!!!

If it has the correct album art for at least 1 song of the album, how come it can't find it for all of them.

Regardless of that, i want to tell it to use that album cover for all the songs. Full stop. It's already there, and it knows about it, so why on earth should i need to go off looking for it?

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Okay, so maybe this is a BUG, more than a "general discussion" topic?

Please only reply if you're going to tell me something i can't see with my own eyes!

(Can you tell I get annoyed when people just don't listen to what i'm saying / asking properly?)

Martin.
guddler

posted on 6-15-2004 at 01:34 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
In fact, this MUST be a bug surely...

I just checked one of the ones thats wrong. An album called "A Field Of Crows" by "Fish" (which eJukebox has picked up as "Fields Of Crows" ).

It has 11 songs, every single one of which shows the wrong cover art, and hence the album in the list has the wrong art. Yet for every single one, when i right click and "edit song" the correct art is staring me right in the face already.

So EJ knows the correct art, has downloaded the correct art, yet i have no way to tell it to forget the wrong one and only display the correct one...

I don't really know where it even got the wrong one from in the first place?

Presumably because it searched for the album using the album name (which in this instance someone has entered into whereever it gets it from wrong - CDDB?), yet it probably looks up the tracks with their individual name?

A bug i guess.

Martin.
PS: The edit was just me adding a space to prevent a smiley where it shouldn't have been ;)
Fishy

posted on 6-15-2004 at 02:41 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Guddler:

Not really a sollution on your problem, but more a workaround. You could try an application named tag&rename. It downloads all tag information, including coverart, from allmusic.com.

Personally I've disabled the autolookup feature in ej (it found to many wrong images, especially for weird albums). I just make sure to run all mp3's through tag&rename, before I add them to the database. This ensure 100% control over the tags and coverimages in the collection.. Which you sure are not alone being anal about :)

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
guddler

posted on 6-15-2004 at 02:56 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks fishy, i'll try and check it out...

I wander if it can process the backlog?
guddler

posted on 6-15-2004 at 03:38 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hmm, tag&rename appears to be a good tool that works well outside of the confines of EJ, but i'm still at a bit of a loss as to how i get EJ to pick up on the changes i made with it?

I went through the process for both an album that had incorrect art previously (the Fish album), and also did it for an album that EJ hadn't searched for yet as it hadn't been played yet.

No sign of it picking up on any of that...

Do i need to tell EJ to rebuild it's database or something? If so, where?

Unfortunately, unless i've not sussed it properly, it looks like it'll only be any good for new albums and corrections as it would take me a very long time to do each album individually. I don't have all that many, but just under 300 is too many to do by hand!

Martin.
Fishy

posted on 6-15-2004 at 04:20 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yeah! You've have to tell Ej. Take a rebuild after you are satisfied with the tags and covers.

1. Push the options icon in the panel where play, pause etc are situated.

2. Update database

3. Rebuild database and follow the instructions.

After this you can just add new albums to the database (instead of rebuilding everytime).

I hope that this was understandable and that it works out for you... I did this by hand for around 1000 albums so don't you complain.. :D

An advice is to take good usage of the hotkeys in tag&rename! For instance F10 looks up an entire album at allmusic.com..

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
guddler

posted on 6-15-2004 at 05:37 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Okay, got it!

Thanks...

Martin.
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats