Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: New Feature Request For Bars
noision

posted on 6-1-2004 at 02:25 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
New Feature Request For Bars

First I want to say how much I, my staff and my customers love the ejukebox! The service is amazing and the quick promised fix to the issue of being able to drag and drop in kiosk mode and the bug allowing access to folders is gratifying and greatly appreciated!

Based on what goes on in the establishment, I have the following feature requests for Kiosk mode:

One issue that we are faced with is that, given that the jukebox is free, we have no way of limitiing the amount of songs people queue up except to place a sign with a request . . however at 2 am, after a few drinks, some people generally can't read or don't care :)

The other issue is that after a couple of hours of this, there are usually 70 or more songs in the queue which puts off newcomers because they realize that they will never hear their song.

One really easy way to combat the second issue is to implement a maximum song number in the queue. I personally would like to have a limit of 15 songs in the queue so that once it is full, then someone will have to wait for the current song to finish to add another song. This will usually drive them away from the jukebox to return later-- in essence giving more people a chance to choose and hear their tracks within an hour or so. This feature could allow the administrator to set any particular song queue limit.

The above feature would be excellent!!

Another feature to combat the first issue would be to be able to set a maximum song choice within a chosen period of time. For example, if one could set it so that no more than 2 songs could be chosen within 2 minutes, then the user, after choosing two tracks would be faced with a countdown-bar indicating how long they have to wait to be able to choose 2 more tracks. This would prompt them to either leave, or prompt someone else waiting to prompt them to allow them to have their turn. Perhaps the countdown bar could have user defined message such as "Thanks for using eJukebox! Please let the next person choose some songs!"

I don't want to charge for songs, but I want to make it fair and discourage jukebox-hogs.

Either, or especially both of these new features would go along way to achieving that.

Contact me privately if you wish. I will be happy to pay an extra license fee for the implementation of these features without any complaints!

Thanks!!!!!!:D
prowire

posted on 9-6-2004 at 08:28 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Contact me as well for a Bar version

I also would like to have a bar version but I also Would like to charge for that.

Let me know if you guys can develop for me. I have other idea for development if interested contact me.
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats