Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Cannot get it to update the database from my network PC
pmilnes

posted on 5-31-2004 at 06:13 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Cannot get it to update the database from my network PC

Okay - took the suggestion, and finally got Ejuke to install. Thank you!

Now I have yet another problem.

I have 2400 songs on my PC in the basement. When I try to update the database - and I 'specify folder to search in' - and then select 'Network Neighborhood' - it does NOT show my basement computer as an option - in fact, it only shows 'entire network' - if I click on that, there are no computers to choose from - only the name of my network. If I click on the name of my network, I get nothing. Now, if I access 'network neighborhood' from my desktop, I see my other computers just fine - I just don't see it in Ejuke's 'Look for MP3's In:' option.

So when I select 'Entire Network', it only finds ONE MP3 - the very first one on my basement PC (where all 2400 songs are stored.)

Any ideas?
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-31-2004 at 09:32 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
You first need to Map the network drive to a local drive letter using Windows Explorer, so eJukebox can see the network drive.

Here are instructions on how to do this: http://users.bathspa.ac.uk/markhelp/fileman/file_mapdrive.html

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
pmilnes

posted on 6-1-2004 at 02:12 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
THANKS!

I hope that I have enough horsepower to run this program... PII 233Mhz, 160mb ram, 4gb HD. My hope is that i can pull the songs through the network, and it will be enough.

I LOVE this program - and believe me - I looked at just about everything out there!
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats