Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Files less than 500kb not importing
Jed

posted on 5-3-2004 at 11:02 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Files less than 500kb not importing

Trying to import an album for example Resevior Dogs, it has 5 songs that are less than 500kb at first i couldn't figure out why they weren't being important and i narrowed it down to that fact. How do i get ejukebox to import all music no matter how small. Alot of intros are short therefor small file sizes and this has happened on lots of my albums it just skips the first track becuase its so small.
Please Help!
junk

posted on 5-3-2004 at 01:59 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hm, this has never been a problem for me. But i am only glad for this function, i'd hate to have these Quentin Tarantino - snippets attacking me from nowhere when eJ is running in random mode. I've always hated those soundtracks with extracts from the dialogue. Fun the first time, a bit more the second, then i end up hating it deeply. :P

You can add these mp3's to your database by playing them in Winamp. But perhaps the solution you're after is to be able to specify the KB limit yourself, perhaps in the ini file.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-3-2004 at 06:36 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It is actually 350K that a file must be for it to get added by the database updater. If you want to add files less than 350K you will need to play them in winamp while eJukebox is running.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Jed

posted on 5-3-2004 at 10:58 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
You've got to be kidding theres no tick box, ini file or registry hack i can do to enable ejukebox to import those. I understand the theory behind you not inputting this feature but you should at least give people the option to turn it on or off!
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-4-2004 at 12:25 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The reason it is restricted to 350K is because eJukebox is supposed to be a MUSIC jukebox - we did not want eJukebox to import sound effect files from games and incomplete downloaded music files.

The way you get them in is by playing them in winamp while eJukebox is running. Maybe i did not make it clear that eJukebox will automatically add ANY song that is played in winamp to eJukebox's database. Just drop each song under 350K on winamp one after another. We will have more extensive user definable options on the database update wizard for v4.0.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Jed

posted on 5-4-2004 at 12:37 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
O.K. Thanks for that i will try it tongiht. If i buy v3.8 will that included all furture updates or do i need to repurchase when v4 comes out?
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-4-2004 at 12:45 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Right now, we are still offering free upgrades for life. So the v4.0 and any other upgrades will be free.

Jed

posted on 5-4-2004 at 12:54 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Great thanks for that i've only just started using this program so how long should i expect v4 to be. If i can get my other posted problem fixed with the tags i'll be buying the program in a flash.
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats