Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: 3.75: low resource usage heaven
Fishy

posted on 4-15-2004 at 03:02 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
3.75: low resource usage heaven

Audiosoft: Very nice work with this new version!

In my case the 10X less ram usage is an understatement :) I went from 120mb ram usage to 2 mb. That is 60X less ram usage: Which pleases me a lot of course!

it amazes me that there are no sacrifices concerning speed or stability as a result of this. Everything seems responsive and stable. Very impressive!

keep it up!

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
junk

posted on 4-15-2004 at 03:08 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I too went from between 60-80 mb of RAM usage to 2 mb. So at my place, the new eJ uses 40 (!) times less RAM. :)

This really makes eJ outstanding to in the fields where system resources are alpha and omega.

I am thinking about the diskless solutions, we've discussed in the past, as well as other strange PC solutions running eJ. There is no other competitor that can offer eJ's functionality without consuming huge amounts of RAM (like eJ used to do ;)).
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
Fishy

posted on 4-15-2004 at 03:13 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
And the irony of it all is that even if they do demand as much resources as ej once did they still can't compare ;)

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Sloan

posted on 4-15-2004 at 09:18 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The first words out of my mouth when I woke up this morning and checked the eJ site for updates were "Oh thank god." This has been at the top of my wishlist for the program for what seems like ever. Thanks Audiosoft!

As a sidenote: It says that the tiling of albumart has been fixed, but I still can't seem to make it work. Is there anything I'm missing? Something else that has to be checked/unchecked? [EDIT: Got it! Thanks guys!]
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Sloan's Aim
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 4-15-2004 at 09:41 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : Sloan
As a sidenote: It says that the tiling of albumart has been fixed, but I still can't seem to make it work. Is there anything I'm missing? Something else that has to be checked/unchecked?

Ah? i don't know... Concerning to me, the image tiling work again right! Curious... maybe the tilling is thwarted by another option! Try different combinations.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-15-2004 at 10:02 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Glad you are all enjoying the improvements in v3.75. :D

Sloan,
The tiling of the album art in the songlist will only work when the album list is closed and the 'Tile Album Art as Songlist Background' option is enabled. Not sure what else it could be.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Spazz

posted on 4-15-2004 at 10:22 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I love the low ram usage now. The thing I really really want I'm still crossing my fingers for though. :( Better multi-monitor support.

The main thing is that the window flips monitors when you maximize it I just discovered too that if you right click on anything in the secondary monitor the popup dialog bumps to the side of the primary, not letting you get to it at all.

http://area51.gerpok.com/song/spazz.png
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats