Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Removing Albums From Ejukebox
Yonatan

posted on 3-7-2004 at 08:37 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Removing Albums From Ejukebox

I currently have all of my music stored in one folder on my hard drive. I have it organized by artist. Each artists folder includes several albums, some of the albums are live music. Is there a way that I can remove the live music albums from ejukebox. It's very annoying when ejukebox constantly plays the live music. I have a ton of live shows on my computer and ejukebox seems to play more live music than album music.

I would appreciate it if anyone could help me out with this question. I've been fooling around with the program and searching the message boards, but I haven't had any luck. Thanks for your help.

-Yonatan
junk

posted on 3-8-2004 at 09:08 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
One trick would be to rename the title of the albums with "(Live)" afterwords, then make a qualifier saying do NOT play albums with (Live) in the album name.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
cbsoundman

posted on 3-8-2004 at 10:00 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I agree with Junk. For my own purpose, I usually stick a "(live)" in the song title, too, to make those stand out from the album versions.
Yonatan

posted on 3-9-2004 at 04:32 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks that bit of info. I've edited all of my ID3 tags and made the genre = Live. Now I can tell ejukebox not to play them. Is there any way to run this feature of ejukebox along with the hybrid feature?
junk

posted on 3-9-2004 at 08:00 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Sure, if you use Custom Mode and select GENRE = NOT = Live, and select the right options (i cannot remember the name now, but it might be the checkmark that says "Filter with settings" or something similar.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
Fishy

posted on 3-9-2004 at 03:43 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yonatan: An alternative sollution might be to isolate your live acts in a special folder which ej doesn't search when it builds the database. Since ej kindof eliminates the need for browsing the mp3 collection through the filemanager anyway...

But the "junk sollution" works fine too, of course if you want everything situated at one place in the file hierarchy.. :)

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats