Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Where's my music going????????????
bashers

mad.gif posted on 2-22-2004 at 12:01 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Where's my music going????????????

I've installed ejukebox and after reviewing my mp3's it's decided to "make serious changes" to a few of them, like hundreds!!
Where are they going and why is it deleting my music?

One thing I've noticed is that eDj is editing ALL my mp3's, presumably and hopefully, the id3 tags. Norton protected storage caches the original files and fills the drive and then maybe eDj bums out once the drive is full.
I'ds like to know my mp3s are safe before i invest in this software!

bashers has attached this image:
mp3files.jpg - 59.33kb
junk

posted on 2-22-2004 at 03:16 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hm, i haven't heard about Norton Protected Storage? What does it do? I am familiar with the protected recycle bin, and use Norton Antivirus myself, but in any case, this scenario is new for me.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
bashers

posted on 2-22-2004 at 03:20 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'm not pointing the finger at Norton for this, merely suggesting that the corruption happened when the drive filled up.
Either way, i'm a bit pi**ed off with it.
Also Audiosoft, should eDJ be modifying ANY of my files when it first scan the drive, as ALL my mp3 show modification times of the first scan?
Anyway, off to locate the 18 albums EJ has destroyed. thanks eDJ!!
junk

posted on 2-23-2004 at 08:44 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
A full HD has caused me similar grieves, not with eJ, but a lot of other programs. It is a common scenario, a file is edited, and there is no space to save the new version. A lot of programs haven't really taken this situation into consideration, and shitty things occur. I agree that this sort of thing should not happen anyway, and i am sorry for your loss of albums. Glad no more than 18 were lost though. Yet 18 is quite a lot, i would turn into a raging madman if something happened to my entire collection.

I am just guessing here, but from what i know of eJ, i would reckon that the 18 albums that were affected were missing id3 tags in one way or another. Whenever missing id3 tag information has to be added to an mp3, a new file has to be created, as the id3tag information must be in the beginning of the file. This might not be of any comfort, but should at least explain why eJ edited those files.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
Fishy

posted on 2-23-2004 at 05:11 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Basher; Make sure you don't write anything to that disk (I hope it's not too late) and get hold of an undelete utility. Sorry that I can't give you a direct link, but I am sure you'll find something at www.download.com.

I hope you'll be able to get at least a handful of your albums that way. It really sucks when such things are happening..

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats