Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: help with running remote connection (xp pro)
beatomatic

posted on 3-25-2003 at 04:52 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
help with running remote connection (xp pro)

Well, I've been messing around with ejukebox quite a lot lately and had a new idea. I have a linksys wirless router and would like to be able to use xp pro's remote connection to listen to music all around my apartment. Everything works fine, except for my audio. It seems it lags up about every 8 seconds or so. Does anyone know of any settings within winamp or winXP to be able to fix this? Thanks!
Dyno Don

posted on 3-25-2003 at 02:50 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Beatomatic,

I have the same problem. I was surprised the music would come back over the LAN. I thought that I could control the jukebox remotely but the sound is transferred too. I don't know what the problem is but I have exactly the same problem. I like to sit in my office and remotley work on the jukebox. It is fun. Try the juke2web for remote control.

Don
beatomatic

posted on 3-28-2003 at 12:02 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
yeah, I saw the ejukebox2web feature, but my main problem is that I don't have my Main computer connected to my home stereo system. So, what I'd like to do is connect my laptop to the system and use the remote connection feature to control ejukebox from the laptop. I'll have to search around for some type of solution.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 3-28-2003 at 12:34 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
You could run a shoutcast server with winamp. http://www.shoutcast.com/download/serve.phtml

However, you will probally still have the same 8 sec or so lag as with xp pro's remote connection feature. But there may be a way to adjust the shoutcast server's settings to get rid of this delay.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats