Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Can't get a playlist to load!?!?!
stsirois

posted on 12-23-2003 at 05:29 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Can't get a playlist to load!?!?!

I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong here, but no matter what I do, I cannot get a playlist that I've created & saved with eJ to load into eJ. I've tried typing in Ctrl-L to bring up the "open playlist" dialog box, but nothing happens after I select a playlist. I've also tried going into the menu & selecting playlist mode & pressing the "Start Now" button. Still, my playlist does not load; I just the next song that was set to play from the previous mode I was in.

I've opened the .m3u file in notepad & all the songs I chose to be in my playlist are there. I've also tried opening the playlist in Winamp while eJ was playing, but it seems like eJ is slightly out of sync with Winamp; the album covers for the currently playing song show up, but the songs in the playlist do not show up. Here is a screenshot of what I get when I load a playlist manually into Winamp:

http://www.metrocast.net/~jawgee/eJ_Playlist.jpg

I'm using eJ 3.6 & tried both Winamp 2.91 & Winamp 5.01 & got the same results. Even though I can get a workaround to work, I'm still pretty frustrated at how I can't perform what should be a simple task for a jukebox app. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Steve
stsirois

posted on 12-27-2003 at 04:58 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
So, is everybody having an easy time starting a playlist within eJ or is it just me?? I'm hoping someone can confirm or deny my experiences.

Thanks,
Steve
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 12-27-2003 at 07:38 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:

I've tried typing in Ctrl-L to bring up the "open playlist" dialog box, but nothing happens after I select a playlist. I've also tried going into the menu & selecting playlist mode & pressing the "Start Now" button. Still, my playlist does not load; I just the next song that was set to play from the previous mode I was in.
First off clicking the "Start Now" button will DELETE all the songs in the eJukebox playlist...then play the first autoplay song from the play mode you are in. You should not be clicking this after loading a playlist into eJukebox unless you are in "Bookmark (Play) Mode".

We are having no problem loading playlist files using eJukebox's Playlist MENU button's "Load Playlist" feature as well as no problems when loading playlists for Bookmark Mode.

What happens after you select a playlist file and click Open in the Playlist MENU button's Load Playlist Dialog? It should load the songs so that they are visible in the eJukebox playlist. Make sure you have toggled out of the eJukebox options panel so that you can see the eJukebox playlist.

Now, if you wish to keep eJukebox running and use the Winamp interface to pick songs...you must first disable the play modes in eJukebox. Clicking the currently selected Play Mode tab in eJukebox's options panel will disable the play modes. eJukebox's playlist and Winamp's are not the same thing...so when you want to use winamp's playlist eJukebox's playlist should be blank and remain so while Winamp is in control.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats