Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: a few questions
Cax6ton

posted on 12-18-2003 at 05:25 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
a few questions

I like the software, I have been playing with it for over a week now. I have not tried it with my entire collection (!4,000 files), but it seems as though it will do the job I need. I'm adding things slowly, and trying to test out "problematic" albums, and it has given me a few questions.

Does the database rely solely on file structure, only on ID3 tags, or some combination of the two? I've caught eJukebox sometimes "creating" an album from mis-labeled tags, even when the tags in those songs do not match in the album field.

How do I deal with multiple disc albums? Naming the folders "disc 1, disc 2, etc causes the album image lookup to fail. I suppose that I could fix that manually by finding the image by temporarily changing the name.

I've seen how it treats compilation albums, but how about expanding on that ability? I have a lot of soundtracks, and it would be nice to be able to use sub-categories to organize them.

is there a way to sort Artist's albums (in album view) by the year? When dealing with most artists, I think of their work in chronological order, not alphabetical. I guess it comes from the days when my favorite artists were putting new albums out. Right now I sort of cheat by using the lookup to find covers, get the songs sorted correctly, and then renaming the album folder (19xx)AlbumName. this works, but it clutters up the album view text more than usual. Is there a better way to do this?
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats