Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: My first re-build
aaronND2000

mad.gif posted on 12-12-2003 at 03:01 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
My first re-build

I just completed my first database re-build and I must say I'm not very happy. Many of my popularity stats were lost as well as about 20% of my album covers. What's the deal?
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 12-12-2003 at 03:17 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
eJukebox can only restore popularity counts and album image data for .MP3 files. No data can be restored from non-MP3 music files if you Re-Build.

With .MP3 files eJukebox will restore all data including album images and popularity pick counts. The only thing that it will not restore is the last played time for each song.... So it may be necessary to Disable the "Only show an entry if a song or artist has been played in the last X" option on the bottom of the home top10 view page to get it to display songs.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
aaronND2000

posted on 12-12-2003 at 01:49 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
All my files are MP3's and I still lost many album covers and popularity stats. I also do not have the "only show entry..." option enabled. So prett much I am lost as to why all this data has been lost in the re-build.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 12-12-2003 at 06:52 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hmmm...are any of your mp3s located on network drives?

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
aaronND2000

posted on 12-12-2003 at 08:20 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
All of my mp3's are located on a server computer and run off a wireless network.
Fishy

posted on 12-13-2003 at 04:26 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
"eJukebox can only restore popularity counts and album image data for .MP3 files. No data can be restored from non-MP3 music files if you Re-Build"

I am sort of tired of asking this question... But are there any plans of doing something about this 'mp3's only policy'For tags, popularity... etc...?

The reason why I am asking about this again and again is that ej is gonna suffer if that policy is kept in the long run... Would like to recommend ej to a lot of my friends, but I just can't, while ej is so format restrictive as it is at the moment... Or what Audiosoft?

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats