Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Songs sometimes don't play
scphillipp

posted on 10-26-2003 at 06:11 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Songs sometimes don't play

I've just come across a new problem. Every once in awhile, when ejuke plays a song, it sounds like snow (ie. like when viewing a tv channel that doesn't excist)
I thought I had some songs which didn't rip properly, but then I discovered they play OK in MP. Then upon RE-playing them in Ejuke they then play OK. VERY weird. Anyone ever have this happen? Could it be a winamp problem? Or the cross-over plugin? Would it help to upgrade to Winamp 3?
junk

posted on 10-26-2003 at 08:15 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
My guess would be the cross-over plugin. Which one do you use? Winamp 2.9x is the best version for eJukebox, do not go for 3.x.

I've found that i do not really need a cross-over plugin. I use the "skip pauses" option in the Directsound output, and it's a better function, for me at least.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
scphillipp

posted on 10-26-2003 at 09:51 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I use sqrsoft advanced crossfading ver 1.75 - I really like the way it works. I know winamp 3 has a built in crossfader, thats why I asked about winamp 3. (I have tried winamp3 in the past and found it buggy. thats why I went back to 2.)
junk

posted on 10-27-2003 at 09:02 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Think i tried out the sqrsoft plugin, but never got it working properly, so i forgot all about it. I forgot all about crossfading in general, as there were song transitions that ended up being quite stupid-sounding. And i grew to miss hearing the last seconds of the songs i knew were supposed to end with a punch.

I think I’ve seen other users in this forum are very pleased with it, so it might be my setup. But if you have the same thing going on as me, then it is the sqrsoft plugin that’s causing your problem.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
scphillipp

posted on 10-29-2003 at 03:22 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I emailed squ-soft about this and am still awaiting their reply. piety. I really like the cross fading aspect - i have a halloween party this weekend and i will have to find a solution by then - it sucks when all of a sudden you have a VERY loud sound of snow!! picture me - beer in hand, running to the computer to advance to the next song. (recipe for desaster!):P
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats