Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Thoughts on 3.53...
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-17-2003 at 10:20 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thoughts on 3.53...

Above all, thanks for this new release!

Sorry but i have not tried again to upgrade directly from eJukebox because it was close. So this time, no report on this!

I like the focused lists. I just would prefer, when i click a letter or a name in the artist list AND in case the album list is maximised, to stay in the album list at its maximum size. I would like to go in the songlist just as i click on a cover.
Also if you could focus the album list on the artist name instead of the top of the images... At least when the album list is maximised, please.

Thanks.

:cool: Pirk
junk

posted on 10-17-2003 at 10:30 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yes, i think that makes sense. If you click on a new artist letter, i'd believe that you were "ready to move on", so to say, and wouldn't need the allready open songlist.

One more thing, i really enjoy the new "keyboard letter jump" function. But! There's one function missing... if you press the same letter several times, you should jump to the next artist beginning with that letter. Try it out, it would feel logical. ;)

By the way, thanks for the very quick upgrade, Audiosoft! I was very happy to have the "new version available" dialogue box appear, and the live update went excellent. Brilliant!
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-17-2003 at 10:40 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : junk
There's one function missing... if you press the same letter several times, you should jump to the next artist beginning with that letter. Try it out, it would feel logical. ;)

Of course you are right, it's logical!
Quote:
By the way, thanks for the very quick upgrade, Audiosoft! I was very happy to have the "new version available" dialogue box appear, and the live update went excellent. Brilliant! ;)

I regret to have missing that! :D

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-17-2003 at 10:41 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Pirk,

Good idea. We will make it so clicking an artist letter or name maximizes the album list. Also you can now click the albumlist background to maximize the list with v3.53.

As far as focusing the albumlist on the artist name...this new focusing functionality is really only intended for when you are not grouping the albumlist by artist. Check out the new album list option "Show All Songs by Artist on Click" - this will show the artist songlist for the album when you click an album in the albumlist. Then focus the album in the songlist. This way you can see all the artist songs in the list and won't have to click an artist name.

junk,

Glad the "Live Update" went well for you... Think we finally got the bugs worked out of it in v3.5. :D

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-17-2003 at 11:04 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Super! Glad you adopt my idea. :D

Ahh... i see your intention for when albums are not grouped by artist. But me, i really like to group my albums by artist!
I hope one day you could optimise the 2 ways...

Thanks.

junk

posted on 10-17-2003 at 11:05 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I like the new "Show All Songs by Artist on Click" album list option. It prevents the album/song list bar from jumping all over the place, and it seems helpful in general.

I know me and Pirk uses eJukebox more or less the same way; the album list open, and grouped by artist, and the artist list showing. It's back to the old "can we have an option where eJukebox does not automatically open the songlist when selecting an artist, but rather jump to the artist in the album list instead" request. We still want it ;) ...

Allthough, i just re-read your post:
"We will make it so clicking an artist letter or name maximizes the album list." Sounds like the feature we want, doesn't it?

But in general, we've come a long way now... baby. :) eJukebox is really growing to be the program i would donate a small organ for. And to think that i used to believe i that i had no use for this kind of program at all.. i used to be quite happy fiddeling around with folders and files and winamp. Strange...
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-17-2003 at 11:22 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yes junk, we approach our ideal! :D:D:D:D

junk

posted on 10-18-2003 at 11:25 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Indeed we do... but i am still not sure if Audiosoft really meant what i got the impression of with:
"We will make it so clicking an artist letter or name maximizes the album list."

The first one, that the clicking of an artist letter should maximise the album list, that makes sense for everyone. But the second... I know that you and i would like the same thing to happen with an artist name... but i'd always think we'd end up with this as an option hidden in the preferences, not the default action.
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-18-2003 at 04:14 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Well, I think the next version will put us in the picture about this... but I am confident! :)

junk

posted on 10-18-2003 at 07:02 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hehe ... ;) We'll see...
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats