Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Waow!
Pirk
Posting Freak

thumbup.gif posted on 10-9-2003 at 04:27 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Waow!

eJukebox 3.5 is online!!!

With the new album list... rrrooooooo! :D:D:D:D

I am trying the upgrade directly from eJukebox... and after the download eJukebox close... and that's all!???
I run eJ... strange, I don't see anything new? Where is the new Albumlist??? So I look at the about box: still v3.4!... Gag!

So I re-download the upgrade using manual upgrade... and, and... wait a minute....

Waow!!! That's magical, now my images all have a perfect frame, good square!

Already, just for that: Thanks Audiosoft! Now my Albumlist is beautiful!!!

I am trying the mixed Album/song list... mmm... very nice! It's a fine piece of work! Congratulation!

Just my first impression: I would prefer if the albumlist was priority in comparison to the songlist. The Albumlist is a bit too crushed by the songlist. The minimal size of the albumlist is too small. I would prefer to scroll the songlist and keep a nice look for the albumlist.

Good... otherwize, I need to test more in order to get used with the new Albumlist! :D

Thank you very much again Audiosoft ;)

:cool: Pirk
junk

posted on 10-9-2003 at 04:43 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
You have noticed that you can pull the big blue bar up and down, and decide yourself how you want the Album List / Song List to be?

Very easy, very logical... i like the solution a lot. :) But I've only tried it for four seconds or so... but dang, this seems great!
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-9-2003 at 04:59 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yes Junk, I noticed that!
That's good, but the blue bar "dance" a bit too much following the songlist lengh.
I adjust the blue bar to my convenience and... - even if I admit Audiosoft had made all automatic (bravo) - I am just a bit irritate by the movement of the blue bar, especially when the Albumlist become very small...

junk

posted on 10-9-2003 at 05:12 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hehe, i notice what you mean now... It would be helpful if the album list / song list froze its position after you had moved it.

With this upgrade in hand, I will convince one of my friends to buy eJukebox. He has a slow machine, and suffered a lot from the reloading of the playlist in the old versions. Now his counterarguments must be gone! Hm, his paycheck comes in week... i will call him then. :D
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-9-2003 at 05:25 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Well we could add an option to lock/pin the albumlist bar in its current position. An option to automatically Top the album list (make full size) when you mouse back into the album list from the songlist.
Or an option to make it function somewhat like the albumlist did before but faster - where it would hide the list (move the albumlist bar to the bottom) after clicking an album...so all you see is the songlist. Then you click the "Albums" button to view the whole list.

Thoughts?

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
junk

posted on 10-9-2003 at 05:28 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Great!
1. The lockable resizement - looking forward to it! :)

2. Full album list:
The way i would prefer it, would be if i went back to the album list by clicking on the background in the album list, as well as using the album list scrollbar.

3. Full song list:
If i click on the album cover while in the song list, it would be ok if it resized the album/song list to display all songs within the album.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-9-2003 at 06:41 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Also new in v3.5 is the updated Virual Keyboard. You can now enter web addresses to go to a web site or enter something in the search box and click the Google button to search the web.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-9-2003 at 06:56 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft,
Yes, I am for an option to lock the albumlist bar.
Your idea of an option to automatically Top the album list when the mouse back into it - after a click in it, as junk says - is also very mouth-watering! I am for both options!
And your third option is also tempting...

Why not allow these 3 options? Providing you add an easy way to swich between the different modes...

--------------------------

Furthermore, I like the new way you have arranged the artist list with the EDV mode: the songlist move to the right, but keeping the essential of the EDV view!

I'm only sorry that, when you click on an artist name in the artist list, the albumlist not be focused - at the same time that the songlist is updated - on the artist name in the album list.
What you think of that?

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-9-2003 at 07:07 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yes, Junk feels the same way about jumping to the album when you click the a-z letter. This is in the works...along with entering a letter using the keyboard on the album list.

Actually, I think we may be going with option #2. Adding an option (default on) to automatically Top the albumlist. This would not require any clicking by the user. eJukebox will automatically set the album list to full height when you:

Click an album to view its songlist...Mouseover the song list...mouse back over the album list

or use the mouse wheel to scroll the album list.

This way whenever you are using the albumlist it will be full size and whenever you are using the songlist it won't require any scrolling (unless it is a long songlist).

On second thought, in order to prevent accidental topping caused by moving the mouse, maybe we should just make it always resize to full size if you click on the album list.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-9-2003 at 07:25 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Well, wise decision! On refletion your description of the option #2 seems to be quite good!
Thanks.

And if my lastest request concerning the albumlist focused by clicking on artistlist names is also planned... thats great!

So, you plan to add 3 ways to focus the albumlist:
- A-Z list
- Keyboard letters
- And also clicking a name in the Artistlist?

I'm right?

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-9-2003 at 07:39 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yes, on the first 2. Not sure about "And also clicking a name in the Artistlist? " but we will see what we can do. It should be possible.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-9-2003 at 07:47 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ohhh! You would be nice, if you could do that... :)

eJukebox will be at the Top level! :D

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-10-2003 at 06:23 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Good news...all 3 A-Z album focusing methods have been implemented for the next version. We also increased the speed of the letter focusing on artist list.

Because of the new A-Z albumlist keyboard shorcuts... You must now use the CTRL key for other keyboard shorcut keys that were a single letter before. All other shorcuts are the same. For example "S" was used to save the playlist. Now you must use CTRL+S for this.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-10-2003 at 07:32 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ahh! Great!

Thank you very much for the third albumlist focusing method... you are very nice! ;)

OK for the modification of the remote control shortcuts using the CTRL key. No problem, that's good too!
I think browsing the album list using the keyboard letters should be quite interesting! :D

I love all your recent - and future - improvements concerning the album list! :P

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-10-2003 at 11:13 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yes, I have to say the comming A-Z functionality does make navigating the albumlist much nicer. :D Plus, the artist and album lists are both linked to this...so that if you press F it doesn't matter if you are in the artistlist or album list. It will quickly focus both the first album by the artist starting with F and also focus the artist listing on F. ALT+Letter will do the same no matter which panel is currently focused in eJukebox.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-11-2003 at 09:14 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Linking the lists... of course, that is perfect!

The only thing is unfortunately I don't have enough keys on my remote control to directly use the 26 letters...
So I think when I use my remote control, if I could use the third method - navigating the Artistlist - that would be good, providing you apply the usual hightlighted - green or any other color... - lines to the artistlist too.

What you think?

junk

posted on 10-11-2003 at 09:49 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
This is excellent news... it feels like all my old requests are being fulfilled, as well as great functions i never thought of! Brilliant stuff, Audiosoft!
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-12-2003 at 05:42 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Today while using eJukebox, I feel again the need to lock/pin the albumlist bar to a position: I would like, when the artist list is open and I click on a artist name, to see one row of album images of this artist at the bottom of the screen and also the songs of the first album at the top. Then next if I want to see in detail the following albums of this artist, I click on the albumlist images... But I feel as something important if in this case the bar always stay at the same position.

Do you still plan to add the lock/pin option for the albumlist bar?

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-12-2003 at 05:50 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Well we already have updated the next version so that is always leaves atleast 1 row of album images showing of the album list. So, not sure if locking the albumlist bar position would still be neccessary. What do you think?

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-12-2003 at 06:05 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
OK, That's already good if you have set the minimum to 1 row of album images.
I think that would be good like this, providing the albumlist don't automatically become full view when I return the mouse on it for click another album.

*edit*
So, I think the option to lock the bar could be even though useful IN SOME CASES of use. In particular in the case of my previous example.

Thanks.

stsirois

posted on 10-13-2003 at 02:33 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
After spending quite a bit of time with version 3.5 this weekend, I found that I had a LOT of fun with the new Album List view. I found myself scrolling through the albums, clicking on one I liked, quickly picking some songs from the album, & then clicking on the button bring the album back to full screen, right where I left off. Awesome!! The thing that could really speed up this process is if I had a keyboard shortcut to remove the song list view & just show the albums, just like how the aforementioned button works. Does a shortcut key already exist for this?

The new features mentioned in this thread sound really cool, too. I especially like the A-Z keyboard feature. Something like this would really make eJ the king of all HTPC jukeboxes!!!:D

Keep up the great work, Audiosoft!!!

Steve
jhlurie

posted on 10-15-2003 at 05:03 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Waow? That sounds like my neighbors cat the one time I accidentally stepped on it. "Waow", it said! :D Just kidding.

So I just DLed 3.5 yesterday, since I've been away from home. So far so good--the new stuff is pretty nice. I am noticing some performance penalties for all of this, but hopefully upcoming versions will tweak some of this to be faster.

Still hoping for keyboard shortcuts to rate currently playing songs. :)
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats