Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Images in the database or in the mp3?
ochristmas

sad.gif posted on 10-2-2003 at 01:33 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Images in the database or in the mp3?

Sorry another really basic question. I am confused about what is embedded in the tags of the mp3 itself and what is stored in the database.

1. If eJukebox automatically gets a frontcover for an album is that image stored in the file or the database?

2. If eJukebox cant find an image and I manually browse for one (in eJukebox) is that stored in the file or the database?

3. When I click "edit song" - is that displaying the eJukebox details on the song or the id tag (in which case which version?)

Thanks in advance - sorry for the basic questions - but eJukebox cant find lots of images and I am scared to use the other method (browsing manually)

Cheers
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-2-2003 at 08:20 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : ochristmas
Sorry another really basic question. I am confused about what is embedded in the tags of the mp3 itself and what is stored in the database.

1. If eJukebox automatically gets a frontcover for an album is that image stored in the file or the database?

In the database ONLY.
Quote:

2. If eJukebox cant find an image and I manually browse for one (in eJukebox) is that stored in the file or the database?

In the database AND in the file.
Quote:

3. When I click "edit song" - is that displaying the eJukebox details on the song or the id tag (in which case which version?)

eJukebox fill its database - reading the ID3 tags - when you add a new song to the database.

When you edit a song it's the database details that you display. And IF YOU DON'T CHANGE any text or image NOTHING IS CHANGED in the file.

But if you have changed something then when you close the editor or if you edit another song, your changes are AUTOMATICALLY saved in the ID3 tags.

If you exclusively use the eJukebox editor you can be sure that what it displays it's what you have in your ID3 tags.
But if sometimes you use another ID3 tags editor, I recommend you to rebuild your database to force eJukebox to reload all your ID3 tags.

You also have a button on the top of the editor to reload the tags of the current song.

Sorry for my bad english.
I hope you can understand me even though. ;)

:cool: Pirk
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-2-2003 at 08:58 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Also it is important to know that even though eJukebox does not store - the images it looks up - in the ID3 tag; it stores a reference ID# to the image in the tag so that the image can automatically be restored after rebuilding. eJukebox only saves the actual image to the tag when you have specified one using the "Use Image from..." button on the editor - or when you use the editor to Browse to an Image that is from a Mp3 with a tag encoded image.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats