Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Mannequin project? Need suggestions!
Sloan

posted on 9-24-2003 at 07:00 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Mannequin project? Need suggestions!

Hey guys, I've been looking at all your projects and it's made me jealous. So i've decided to begin designing an eJukebox of my own. So here's what I'm thinking:

I get the torso of a mannequin.

On the top where the head would be, I mount a small LCD screen. This would mean that the base of the torso would have to be counter-weighted to offset the LCD so that it didn't tip over easily.

The arms will be iron rods (or PVC pipe) and will form an "L". I say this because a mannequin torso generally does not have moveable arms, or any for that matter.

Both hands will be palm up and the left will hold the keyboard, and right will hold the mouse (I will fasten some sort of tray to the hand to act as the mouse pad area).

The base of the mannequin will be the actual PC. From there i may simply export the sound to wireless speakers, or if it becomes easy enough, mount two speakers in the body of the mannequin somewhere.

I'm going to try to keep the cost down and make the unit somewhat moveable.

Can you folks offer any suggestions or comments to my idea? Is it doomed from the start? :P
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Sloan's Aim
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 9-24-2003 at 09:04 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Waoh! What creativity!

Post a shot when it's finish! :P

:cool: Pirk
Sloan

posted on 9-25-2003 at 12:27 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
heh yes well it may be awhile... im still in college and i don't have too much money - right now i'm just in the planning phase - but i did think it would be a cool thing to have in the corner of my living room. ;) I'll definitely keep you guys updated. Or i may do a site about it just like the Oven guys!
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Sloan's Aim
junk

posted on 9-25-2003 at 07:10 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It's a great idea! Good luck with your project! I've built three jukeboxes so far, but nothing as artistic as your project, as i have stuck to stoves and barrels and similar containers. :)

One thing struck me with your project, though, and that was the mouse solution.... it sounded quite uncomfortable, at least not very ergodynamical, as you have no support for your arm. An easy-to-use trackball instead of a mouse will improve the situation, but you should still have something to rest your wrists on while using the mannequin, since it will be in your own room, and you'll be using it a lot. I have an RSI injury due to no wrist support and an uncomfortable working position, so that's why i am nagging about this. ;)
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
Sloan

posted on 9-25-2003 at 01:20 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
no you're quite right - i hadn't thought about that at all.. i'll see if i can come up with a workaround. thanks for the input!!
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats