Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Newbie Question re: database
Sloan

posted on 9-16-2003 at 09:13 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Newbie Question re: database

Hey guys - just scraped together some food money and bought eJukebox! Who needs food right?! :D

Anyway, a small question:
When i rebuild or update my database, will albums which I've manually specified as "Compilations" stay that way? Or will I have to re-set this?

Something else, why do some multi-disc albums get combined into one album and others don't? I like this feature but can't figure out how it discrimiates.

Thanks!!
-Sloan
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Sloan's Aim
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 9-16-2003 at 10:52 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hello Sloan,

I don't know if the flag "compilation" is saved somewhere. Interesting question!

I use CD1, CD2, CD3... as discrimination. That work very well.
I think they are others, maybe Disc 1, Disc 2... but I can't remember them exactly.

:cool: Pirk
Sloan

posted on 9-16-2003 at 11:15 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Well I did some toying around and I don't believe it does save the flag "compilation" which is fairly disappointing, as there were quite a few which I had to set manually and I'd hate to have to redo that every time I rebuild the database (which knowing my addiction to tweaking my mp3s - will be quite often). Audiosoft - can you implement a small tweak to have it save this information?

Regarding multiple discs, I use (Disc 1) (Disc 2) etc and like i said, it works for some but not for all. I'll keep playing with it and see if I can figure it out. :P
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Sloan's Aim
Demnos

posted on 9-17-2003 at 07:52 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
eJukebox definitely already saves the compilation flag, as you can see with a good MP3 Tag program.

It writes to each MP3 file you edit inside eJukebox an ID3V2 tag called "User Text" which is filled with "asncomp=1". If you rebuild the database, it will read back this info.

Could it be that you are not doing a full rebuild when testing, but only deleting and re-adding some tracks?
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 9-17-2003 at 08:07 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thank you Demnos for clarify that.

You are right, now that you say... I also have already see this flag using some good MP3 Tag editors, but as really I use them rarely...

Thanks.

:cool: Pirk
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 9-17-2003 at 08:49 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Demnos is correct. The compilation data is saved to the ID3 tag as described above. eJukebox will use this stored data to restore the value during rebuilding.

Rebuilding your eJukebox database will restore everything if your songs are MP3 files because all the values were previously saved automatically by eJukebox, in the each mp3's ID3 tag.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Sloan

posted on 9-17-2003 at 05:52 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
yup you're totally right - just rebuilt again and it worked fine. maybe had something to do with coming from an older version (i just registered two days ago and my version previously was pretty old)? In any event *whew*, much relief! :P Thanks everyone for your responses.
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats