Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Questions about the ID3s from someone new to Ejukebox
Mutombo

sad.gif posted on 9-9-2003 at 03:39 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Questions about the ID3s from someone new to Ejukebox

First of all, every single one of my MP3's has the ID3 tag filled out to the max.

Now, when i build the database for eJukebox, a lot of the songs don't show up having the right artist and what not. For instance, "Follow You, Follow Me" by Genesis was showing up as by F. many of the other songs i have are showing up that way.

Might there be a reason for this? I was really excited about getting this program up and running, but not if it isn't going to show the artists right. And also, All my albums are filled out but it keeps going and finding other stuff for some of them. Any reasons for that?
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Mutombo's Aim Mutombo's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger Mutombo's Yahoo
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 9-9-2003 at 03:59 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Do your mp3 files have both ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags (visible in Winamps editor)? Do both the ID3v1 and ID3v2 have the same information?

Please check this on the song "Follow You, Follow Me" by Genesis and let us know.

Quote:

All my albums are filled out but it keeps going and finding other stuff for some of them. Any reasons for that?

When a song file does not yet contain an album image it will be looked up when it is played. Sometimes the lookup finds a matching album that is not correct. You can set your own album image using the eJukebox ID3 editor.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mutombo

posted on 9-9-2003 at 04:05 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
yeah it has the same id3v1 and id3v2. matter of fact, using the program tagscanner i had copied my id3v2's to id3v1's so that they were all exactly the same.

In winamp the file shows up with Genesis as the artist, but not when i use eJukebox.
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Mutombo's Aim Mutombo's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger Mutombo's Yahoo
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 9-9-2003 at 04:13 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hmm.. Right click the song "Follow You, Follow Me" by Genesis in the eJukebox songlist and select "Edit song".

What shows up for the artist in the eJukebox editor? on the songlist?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mutombo

posted on 9-9-2003 at 04:17 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
F

that's what is listed as the artist. many of the other songs i have that start with F are listed like that as well, even though their ID3 tags have their actual artist listed.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 9-9-2003 at 04:20 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Very odd... tagscanner may have done something to make your tags unreadable by eJukebox. Please try rebuilding your eJukebox database by clicking "Update Database" on the eJukebox control panel. After it is done building - restart eJukebox to see if that fixes it. If not you may have to use eJukebox's editor to permanently correct the mistakes in the effected songs.

Mutombo

posted on 9-9-2003 at 04:25 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
tried that, didnt work. its not all the songs, just about half of em.

i'm not sure what the deal is.
Mutombo

posted on 9-9-2003 at 05:32 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
well, i redid them from id3v2 to id3v1 and then back to id3v2 with tagscanner just to make sure they were all good, then rebuilt, and it worked!

don't ask.....
ochristmas

posted on 9-9-2003 at 12:52 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I had (almost) exactly the same problem. Quite a lot of songs had the artist as 01 or 02 (basically it had the track number). There was no ID3v1 just v2 tags which were correctly done. If I editted the tag it still didnt work - but deleting the tag and recreating cleared it up!

Just so you know you were not alone ;)
Mutombo

posted on 9-10-2003 at 07:01 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
that makes me feel better, lol. thanks!
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats