Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: popularity mode
jimbobvaquero

posted on 3-15-2003 at 07:13 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
popularity mode

i would like to see a option on popularity mode to let the ejukebox recognize the random song played as one of my popular songs. it's great to just surf the internet, and just have it play random songs. but it tends to repeat itself, even w/ 900 albums of mp3s to choose from. so if i have it play songs that have been played 0 times, and at most 1 times, i would like to see that number go down as i play it this way.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 3-15-2003 at 09:39 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The Popularity of songs do not get increased when they are played by an eJukebox Playmode.

As of v3.0 Beta 1, eJukebox will pick the next random Playmode song based on if it is in the top 1/3 of matching songs not played in the longest. So it should not be able to repeat a song until the other 2/3's of matching songs have been played first, under v3.0 Beta 1 and later.

Were you using v3.0 Beta 1?

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jimbobvaquero

posted on 3-15-2003 at 10:18 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
yes, i'm using the latest beta. so if my songs are reapeating, does it matter if i have the program going, and then open it up later. that makes sense if that's the case. i would just like an option for popularity mode to count for all my totals, that's all.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 3-15-2003 at 10:42 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Actually as of v3.0 beta 1 it doesn't matter if you exit ejukebox as it remembers when songs were played from the last sessions (since your last database building). So again it will only play a random song from the top 1/3 of matching songs not played in the longest for Custom and Popularity Modes.

However, eJukebox will also double check to not repeat a song, from the same eJukebox session, until all other matching songs are played.

All of the above does not take into account duplicate songs in your collection, so if you have duplicates they may end up playing close together as they are different song files.

Now, I am not sure I understand why you would want to have popularity counts increased randomly by Popularity mode. Can you please clarify why you would like to do this.

I can see why this might be desirable for songs picked 0 times. What if we just made it increase songs with a 0 pick count to 1 pick the first time they are played - regardless if it was played by a playmode it or if you picked it.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats