Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: PocketPC does not work
Wim

sad.gif posted on 8-13-2003 at 12:48 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
PocketPC does not work

I am using PocketPC 2002 but the browser does not see or understand the eJukebox server (Page not found). It is supposed to work for PocketPC isn't it? What is wrong? Should I use parameters to get it to work?

Live long etc.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 8-14-2003 at 04:41 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Does your PocketPC access the Internet through your PC or directly through a wireless router?

If you are using Firewall software on your PC make sure that it is setup to allow access on the port # (default is 80) you specify on the WEB tab in eJukebox's control panel.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Wim

posted on 8-14-2003 at 11:41 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The PocketPC is a Toshiba e740 and connects through a standard WLAN network accesspoint. It is able to connect to any PC in the same network with a web service running, except the eJukebox PC. Also tried the IP address in the url. (Please check http://www.petitiononline.com/e300e740/petition.html before purchasing Toshiba products)
nateandaudiosoft

mad.gif posted on 9-7-2003 at 11:47 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Toshiba e755 w/ Pocket PC 2003

So, I bought into this whole Pocket PC thing. It's great. I can Stream music using shoutcast and receive it on my PPC through Linksys router, firewall (disabled) and WAN.

Now about eJukebox to Web, the webpage displays only toggle volume, which works. The "NEXT" botton does not operate. THe graphics are all absent.

Does anyone have a solution? Does pocket explorer need some language pack installed?

Help!
perf

posted on 9-8-2003 at 02:39 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I have exactly the same problem!

(HP Ipaq h1940, Windows Mobile 2003)

/Per
ochristmas

posted on 9-24-2003 at 07:20 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
me too. IPAQ 3970 + PPC2002.
I can view any webpage like normal just not the jukebox page even if its on the normal localhost.

Anyone worked this out?
jojo

posted on 9-26-2003 at 04:59 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
PPC

I get the same thing on my Del Axim. Currently I'm using it connected trhough my computer, but plan to get a WIFI card in the future. Perhaps I'm waiting to see if this glitch is worked out first. I'd love to be able to control my media server from another room, or even stream to my PPC while I'm working around the house or yard. Eventually It will be worked into the network since my Streamzap remote isn't working for me any more. Another issue all together.
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger jojo's Yahoo
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-22-2004 at 10:36 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
We have updated eJukebox2Web so it works correctly on Pocket PC 2002 and up. The version that follows eJukebox v3.80 will include the update and be the first version to correctly support PocketPC.

The Update makes it so that eJukebox detects when a PocketPC is accessing the 2Web feature and makes the appropriate changes to the output, in order to make it compatible. All 2Web features will work on PocketPC except for changing the Play Time Progress Bar because dynamic bars are not compatible with PocketPC. We also made it so text is used for buttons (delete, moveup, movedown, and playnow) instead of images and well as made it so songlist only contain artists and titles in order to make it function faster on PPC.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ochristmas

posted on 5-24-2004 at 12:20 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
wahoooooo! A e2Web update! Wow - anything else added? Any browsing functionality? Wahoo thanks Audiosoft - when will the new version be available?
ochristmas

posted on 5-24-2004 at 12:23 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Just seen "...The v3.83 upgrade will be released sometime this week." in another post. Wahooo I await with baited breath...
Demnos

posted on 2-9-2005 at 07:39 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I haven't heard anything on this subject for a while - Does PocketPC actually work now? I am considering adding a SDIO WLAN card to my PocketPC, but the main reason for doing so would be eJukebox...

Can anybody confirm that there are no more problems?
Wim

posted on 2-10-2005 at 10:59 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It really works now, if you have the latest version. Controls are tiny though, so you probably need the stylus to operate it. Album art, volume control, play songs, pause, skip, its all there
Demnos

posted on 2-10-2005 at 01:16 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Wim
It really works now

Great, thanks for the info (Opening second browser window to order WLAN card...)
Clavin

puzzled.gif posted on 2-1-2009 at 04:24 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
PPC with Web v3.0

See in the posts that PPC was corrected in versions past 3.8. Running latest version and I do not recieve images or song lists. Pause/Play works, as well as the drop down artist list, nothing else.

Works fine through a regular PC, but not with PPC. Any thoughts? Settings missed?

Thanks,

Clavin
warpkmo

posted on 2-6-2010 at 02:09 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Samme problem here.

The page shows up, but no images and no functionality.
Older versions worked OK but not 5.04.

Here is my setup
1/Installed full 5.04 - 2WEB not working
2/Overwrite the 5.04 ejukebox.exe with ex 4.60 ejukebox.exe and everything is then working on PPC.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 2-6-2010 at 08:24 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
there are different versions of PocketPC...
in 5.04 do Tools->Options->Web tab
Click the Options button
see if checking or unchecking the option "Use alternate conent when PocketPC" makes a difference for you

warpkmo

posted on 2-7-2010 at 12:58 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
No its not working with the 'Use alternate...' option.
I use Windows Mobile 5.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 2-19-2010 at 05:35 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Give this a try
Make sure 'Use Alternate content' is checked under the 2web options then go to your 2web link and add /PocketPC/
i.e. http://localhost:80/PocketPC/

warpkmo

posted on 2-19-2010 at 08:12 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yes the link
http://localhost:80/pocketpc/ is working Ok on a PC and
http://server:80/pocketpc/ is working Ok on other PC's in the local network, but on a PocketPC it is not working. I tryed with both PPC htc3300 & qtek9090.
I have used the WEB-interface often in prior versions of ejukebox. If I use ver460 everything(PC & PPC) is working fine, but when I use ver505 only PC is working.
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 9-10-2010 at 09:57 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft, I'm trying 2Web on a UMPC-7000A which is running Windows CE 5.0 (C5G) and IE, but EJ doesn't work at all on the UMPC. Nothing is displayed.
I've tried different configurations in IE: "Default (windows CE)", "Same as Pocket PC" or "Same as Windows XP". None works, even checking or not "Use alternate content when Pocket PC" in EJ.
The error message displayed in IE is: "Impossible to find the DNS error or the server in Internet Explorer".

Otherwise Internet works good on the UMPC through the local network.

What can i do?

:cool: Pirk
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 9-11-2010 at 01:37 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Your router firewall is probably blocking the incoming connection.
You will have to enter your router config usually at http://192.168.2.1
and setup DMZ or port forwarding for the 2web port so that it can connect

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 9-11-2010 at 11:34 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Well in fact I'm just doing some tests. There is no router, only a RJ45 crossover cable from the network card of the eJukebox PC to the UMPC network input. I just would like to see how 2web is looking on the UMPC.
I've also noticed that if i try 2web on the ejukebox PC, the link you give in ejukebox (http://xx.xxx.xxx.xxx) doesn't work in firefox or ie on the ejukebox PC. Only http://localhost/ is working good. But of course this adress doesn't work from the UMPC.
I tried with the windows 7 firewall deactivated, but still nothing.

[EDIT] it's OK! I found the address of my network card in its IPv4 properties. Easy! :D Thanks for your help.

So now i can see EJukebox on the UMPC, but its screen size is not ideal. Now Playing and Up Next are not looking very good with 16/9 ratio (800x480). There is much unused space on sides. The Albumlist looks better, but it is extremely slow to load. Otherwise all the features are working good.

Unfortunately the layout can't be changed from the style.css file. We would need a 2Web version for 16/9!

:cool: Pirk
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats