Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: More .DIS definition files for HTPC users!
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 7-30-2003 at 07:04 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
More .DIS definition files for HTPC users!

As you probably know (look HERE) I have made my own songlist-large.dis file perfectly fitted for a TV screen.
Now to complete the eJukebox HTPC jewel it would "only" miss .DIS files for the Home page, the now-playing panel, the playlist and the artist list!
Please Audiosoft...

Thanks.

:cool: Pirk
junk

posted on 7-30-2003 at 07:33 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'd sure like this as well... but not because i am going to use it on a TV, but i love to customize the design of the applications i use the most.

And yeah, thanks for the .dis file, Pirk, it made way for me to configure the colors the way i want them (basically the same as your preset, only darker)...

I feel i am closing in on getting eJukebox to look the way i want... reminds me of my old >suggestion .. :)
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
stsirois

posted on 7-31-2003 at 05:03 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I would like to see more visual customization as well, especially in regards to the text size on the left side of eJ. Please make it possible, Audiosoft!:)

Thanks,
Steve
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 8-14-2003 at 04:31 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
.DIS file capabilities are in the works for the left side of eJukebox.

We are also thinking about redesigning the layout of the homepage and providing a .DIS file for that. If anyone has an idea for a better homepage layout and knows HTML. Please feel to design a webpage in Dreamweaver with a CSS style sheet for the layout and submit it to us in the Forums and we will seriously consider it for use in eJukebox.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 8-14-2003 at 01:42 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hi Audiosoft,
So your vacation seems to be finished...
Good luck for the revival of trade!

Thank you very much for planning more .DIS files :D.

Concerning the homepage I would like to be able to redesign it, I have Dreamweaver... but unfortunately I don't know HTML :(.

stsirois

posted on 8-14-2003 at 03:47 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Welcome back, Audiosoft! I was getting a little worried since it was almost a month since you last posted. Glad to hear about the .DIS customization plans; it should really help the HTPC users out!

Pirk, with Dreamweaver, I don't think you need to know much HTML since it's WYSIWYG, right?

Steve
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 8-14-2003 at 04:02 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hi steve,

OK you are right, Dreamweaver seems to be WYSIWYG... In fact I don't know Dreamweaver no more! I have to learn it a bit more...
Do you use it commonly? Do you think it is easy to make a HTML page like the eJukebox homepage? I guess that needs a lot of practical experience even with Dreamweaver! No?

Thanks.

stsirois

posted on 8-14-2003 at 05:44 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hey Pirk,

I've never used Dreamweaver; I've only read about it. It sounds like Macromedia's version (only better) of Microsoft's Frontpage which I have used before. WYSIWYG programs are good for getting you started on creating the basics of a page rather quickly, but when it comes to the nuts & bolts of a page, it's best to know some HTML so you can tinker directly with the code to get things working just right.

I'd say with a short bit of time, you ought to be able to slap a basic concept of what you'd want the eJ homepage to look like. You've got nothing to lose but time!

Steve
junk

posted on 8-14-2003 at 10:44 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I've used Dreamweaver for almost two years now, and it's a great program, both for WYSIWYG and html-coding. It's very easy to use, and yet very clean - quite unlike Microsoft Frontpage which adds a lot of messy Internet Explorer-only code for no good reason.

It's also great to use it in combination with Macromedia Fireworks, to make an excellent and flexible graphical framework of the site... i recently made my two sites skarv.tk and junkboks.tk quite fast, using these two tools and photoshop.

I'm quite busy fiddeling with other projects right now, so i can't help much out myself. But if anyone wants to give it a go, i'd sure be happy to help out a bit, if possible.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 8-15-2003 at 06:39 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
OK guys,

Thank you for your advices. You know I like to devote a little time to eJukebox because I am addicted! However I don't know if I will be enough inspired...

Thanks.

Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats