Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Web gone furthar
Lotacus

posted on 7-25-2003 at 12:52 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Web gone furthar

I like this web idea. However I think it was quickly put togehter at the last minute.

some things I would like to see in ejukebox web:

First and foremost: SECURITY

As it states, a person can connect from anywhere to control the music that is played on ejukebox. If a person runs a webserver, ANYONE can control it. I have first hand experience when listening to my music then all of a sudden it starts flipping threw mp3's. Apparently someone had connected and was playing around with songs. A password protection option IS A MUST!!

MORE FEATURES:

It would be very usefull if ejukebox would have built in support for being it's own webserver/streaming mp3 server. So a person or more could connect to http://mydoamin.com/mp3server and queue up some songs they would like to hear, and listen to songs aready playing.

Option to DISABLE play current track now. So that any songs clicked on, would instead be queued up.

Option to DISABLE queued mp3 deletion.

Add options that are in eJUKDBOX such as listing album covers, listing the top songs played, top albums and such.

BETTER WEB CONFIGURATION

Where is thie html output? How to edit this output so the webinterface can be changed from it's default.

WEBADMIN

View who is connected, ban/kick ip's etc.
Edit playlist
Turn on/off volume control, "play now", "next tracK"

It would be nice to have two separate web interfaces. One for public access so they can see what song and album is being played and to be able to search and queue up a song.

Another webinterface for home use (how ejukebox web is set up now).

I noticed that audiosoft as a "streaming" site where some of these features i have talked about are implimneted, how is this done? Where is the help to walk users threw in configuring the web interface?

More support would be very helpful as well.
Cerebus

posted on 7-3-2004 at 03:35 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Bump!

I love this program and am about to put a lot of work into sorting out my collection into this format. I run a small stream with 4 DJ's and we'll need to use the web component, but it makes me extremely nervous that our playlist will be subject to public hands at any given moment.

For the cost involved, this is a must! There is a free component called WAWI that has a lot of this built into it already, but doesn't connect to eJukebox natively, so we're trying to avoid using it - but without security here we'll have to.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 7-3-2004 at 04:51 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Allot of improvements have been made to the 2WEB v2 interface recently. We hope to add restrictive / public use options in eJukebox v4.0.

Are your 4 DJ's on the same LAN?

Currently, you can setup your router / firewall software to restrict 2WEB access to within your local network if you do not wish to allow access to it from the greater internet. You can also probally set the router / firewall up to only allow access to the 2WEB port from specific IP addresses if the DJs are on different networks.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats