Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: EJ hangs under Windows 7 (64 bit), Version 5.58
Rainer

posted on 4-20-2011 at 02:00 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
EJ hangs under Windows 7 (64 bit), Version 5.58

I have 2 licences for PRO version of EJ. Sometimes while using or editing songs EJ hangs up. Restart is not possible it wonīt restart, but hangs up. Even after newstart of computer it is not startable (admin-mode). Reinstallation of EJ donīt solve the problem. Everything is done what is recommended on website to solve this problem is done. The only way to make it start is to remove the license for this computer via the other computer (I canīt do this on the computer where EJ is installed because it doesīnot start). But it is possible only everey 30 days. When I did this it is possible to start EJ in trial modus. After activation of the PRO modus again it hangs up after a while.
I need help.

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-20-2011 at 07:21 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
RE: after newstart of computer it is not startable (admin-mode)
what happens? does it show the startup progress bar at all? if so how far does it get?
if you get no window at all when you run ejukebox please try setting your system clock/date backward (and if that doesn't work forward) a month and then run ejukebox.exe and see if it still hangs.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Rainer

posted on 4-21-2011 at 05:14 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
after newstart of computer it is not startable (admin-mode)

sorry that my question was not clear. EJ runs through the startup progress and shows the full start-screen (anything looks o. k.). I can move the cursor over the screen, nothing happens. But there is no action like highlighting the buttons when you move the cursor over it. Normaly it should highlight the buttons. When I click the mouse anywhere on the screen EJ hangs up and the screen disappears. What I see now is a screen that shows only parts of the startup screen and EJ hangs up.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-21-2011 at 10:14 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
ok there is one scenario where i have seen this.
what happens is the Home view loads at startup.. showing your Top Artist and Songs. Above that loads Shelf3D with your Top Albums. How many Albums show for you at the top?
the bug is when only 1 album is in the db - the > inside shelf3d gets triggered over and over causing the start up freeze. i am working on fixing that problem. is that what is happening to you or does it freeze before you see the main interface?
a solution to the bug i mention is you either add more than 1 album to the database...delete C:\EJukebox\db.m3u and then double click ejukebox.exe to rebuild the database OR temporarily disable Shelf3D in the ejukebox.ini by changing 1 to 0 to see if it still freezes.
[Shelf3D]
Enabled=0

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Rainer

posted on 4-22-2011 at 06:07 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
re: EJ hangs

Hello,
many thanks for support. Everything is working fine after I set Shelf 3D to "o".:)
peleus

posted on 1-26-2013 at 04:42 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Has anyone tried this on a WIndows 8? How is it working for you so far?
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats