Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Annoying UAC warning if starting EJukebox under windows 7 (v 5.46)
d003232

posted on 11-19-2010 at 12:01 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Annoying UAC warning if starting EJukebox under windows 7 (v 5.46)

There is that annoying windows popup starting EJukebox under windows 7. I can't autostart my music anymore. First I have to confirm that message.

I don't want to disable windows User Account Control (UAC). Why does EJ needs to run in an administrator mode? In my opinion that's very unusual for a music player!

For me it's a bug ... not a feature. :D
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 11-19-2010 at 12:33 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
it like to be able to write playcounts to the mp3 tags
you can delete ejukebox.exe.manifest and it will no longer show the UAC message.
you can then right click properties on ejukebox.exe and check run as administrator

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
CiXel

posted on 11-19-2010 at 12:54 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The Admin mode didn't start appearing until 5.45 though. It was writing play counts before that version...
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 11-19-2010 at 01:02 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
delete the ejukebox.exe.manifest file and see

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
d003232

posted on 11-19-2010 at 09:20 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Audiosoft
you can delete ejukebox.exe.manifest and it will no longer show the UAC message.
you can then right click properties on ejukebox.exe and check run as administrator

I deleted the ejukebox.exe.manifest and that's enough to avoid the UAC warning. I don't have to check the 'run as administrator' checkbox.

The EJ icon still have the administrator emblem. Don't know why. PErhaps that's only a wrong cache display.

But I still can edit the MP3 tags from within EJ. So I suppose also the playcount will work

btw: I installed EJ in the c:\programs... folder. I tried also c:\ejukebox. Both seems to work the same. So I choose the programs folder.

Still confusing for me is the fact that EJ stores database, booksmarks and playlists within the program folder. I prefere to have an option to define a playlist/bookmark path by my own, so I can store them at my user data area. Main reason is for backup reasons. I regulary backup my user data area and also would like to have backuped my bookmarks/playlists, Now I have to define an exception because that files are not stored in my user data.

Nearly the same with the EJ database. I would expect them in the application data area, like other programm databases I have (Picasa, ACDSee, ...) -> %SYSTEMROOT/%USERNAME%/AppData/Local
d003232

posted on 11-19-2010 at 04:59 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I now have a license problem. As I noted I installed EJ again on a new pc. After getting the new WLAN adapter this afternoon I moved my license to this new PC. After restarting the PC EJ is still not registered. But at the registration server my license appears under the new pc name? Don't know what's happened.

Then is use the 'once every 30 days' remove option. And registered it again. But after restarting EJ it is still unregistered. And now my license is full again.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 11-19-2010 at 08:41 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I believe on Win7 you can only install to Program Files if you keep the ejukebox.exe.manifest file
otherwise it must be outside program files like C:\EJukebox\
either way C:\EJukebox\ makes it easier...

from program files the EJ skin edit menu doesn't work, sometimes it can't save to your ej database, the registration might not take and other things as well because of UAC virtualization.
With

C:\EJukebox\
C:\EJukebox2\
C:\EJukebox?\ it can have an entirely separate database, skins and options and use the same registration

maybe you can add C:\EJukebox\ to your backup?
u2u me your account email address if you need registration reset

Here is how it can be
Win2K and Windows XP - Program Files\EJukebox or C:\EJukebox
Windows Vista - never Program Files\EJukebox only C:\EJukebox
Win7 - I believe Program Files\EJukebox can work as long as there is the ejukebox.exe.manifest that gets installed with EJ

To make it easier and so it always keeps your skins and database in one place i have been recommending installation to C:\EJukebox\ no matter which Windows version.

d003232

posted on 11-20-2010 at 07:11 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Audiosoft
from program files the EJ skin edit menu doesn't work, sometimes it can't save to your ej database, the registration might not take and other things as well because of UAC virtualization.
With

C:\EJukebox\
C:\EJukebox2\
C:\EJukebox?\ it can have an entirely separate database, skins and options and use the same registration

maybe you can add C:\EJukebox\ to your backup?
I will move it to c:\EJukebox. It's not sattiesfying but I don't want to have more trouble. And I will add that directory to my backup.
peleus

posted on 3-2-2013 at 02:30 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Sorry to bump this old post but are there any updates on this yet?
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats