Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Lighten albumlist
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 7-5-2003 at 02:31 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Lighten albumlist

I think here, everyone hope for a way to lighten the albumlist display...

My idea is simply to allow the user to PINNED the album list (by a check box on the top menu). In this way when you click anywhere (except when you click directely on a cover), instead of immediately going in the songlist you could browse your albums by genre, year or even by artist.
When you have many albums (600 or more...), I think that could be a convenient way to split up the display of an huge list.
Also when you have more than 7000 songs in your database the songlist by genre is too huge to be really usable. Browsing in the albumlist could improve this too!

What do you think of my idea?

Thanks.

:cool: Pirk
junk

posted on 7-6-2003 at 12:06 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I had to read your post two or three (ok, four ;)) times before i understood what you meant, but once i got it, i believe it's a great idea!

When i intruduce my friends to eJukebox, they all love the Album List, and wish they could stay in it forever. =) It it only was easier to navigate...

What should this function be called?
"Always use Album List mode (Except when entering an Album)"? =p
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 7-6-2003 at 12:27 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ah! sorry for my bad english... :(
Thank you to have make the effort to understand my thought even though... and for your support! :)

Quote:
Message original : junk
When i intruduce my friends to eJukebox, they all love the Album List, and wish they could stay in it forever. =) It it only was easier to navigate...

...Yes, I'm sure my (and your friends!) idea is great! :D

The name "Always use Album List mode" you suggest is good. It really explain the function.

Thanks.

jhlurie

posted on 7-6-2003 at 06:08 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
How about having a pulldown filter control on the album display, similar to the one used on the "Home" page to filter the popularity displays there? In the case of that control it filters between "24 Hours", "Week", "Month" and "Disabled", but the version on the Albums page could filter other things--thus reducing what's displayed.

Or maybe multiple controls. One filtering by genre (with an "All genres" option included as well, of course), a second filtering by decade (again with an "all decades"), and a third possibly filtering by the upcoming "Rating" (show all songs rated at or better than "x").

That way, the Album list becomes dynamic and flexible. And since the rendering of the page is what takes the most time, probably STILL faster--despite the extra calculations needed for all of those filters.

In essense I THINK this is not too far from what Pirk was suggesting. The pulldowns seem more logical than checkboxes though.
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 7-6-2003 at 08:40 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hello jhlurie,
Thanks for your support!

I'm not against your idea of a pulldown filter for the albumlist. I haved first thought something similar too. But as the filters needed are already existing (genre, year and artist menus) why not use them? From which my idea of ONE only checkbox maybe called "Always use Album List mode" always visible on the top of the screen to lock (pin) the display on the albumlist. And when you want a detailed result you only need to uncheck that option once.

Well, I think this is a simple and logical thought too ;).
But first, the main thing would be Audiosoft, :cool: Hello guys! agree on the general idea! Isn't it?

Rich

posted on 7-6-2003 at 10:01 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
These are all great suggestions for a feature that has merit! The only thing I can add at this point is my support for one, if not all of these ideas to manage the album view.

Nice suggestions guys,
-Rich
jhlurie

posted on 7-7-2003 at 01:36 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
But as the filters needed are already existing (genre, year and artist menus) why not use them?

They are not in use on the Albums page. That's what we are talking about, aren't we?
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 7-7-2003 at 06:41 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : jhlurie
Quote:
But as the filters needed are already existing (genre, year and artist menus) why not use them?

They are not in use on the Albums page. That's what we are talking about, aren't we?

Yes obsolutely...
Quote:
Message original : Pirk
From which my idea of ONE only checkbox maybe called "Always use Album List mode" always visible on the top of the screen to lock (pin) the display on the albumlist.

I just want to say you could simply use EXISTING filters TAB MENUS as you can do it currently, but staying on the Albums page because IT IS LOCKED!
QED. ;)

However as Rich says, ALL suggestions are great! The main idea is still to manage the Album view...

Thanks.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 7-7-2003 at 09:07 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Even if our ideas concerning the album list management are basically great, I guess some problems Audiosoft could have to program the suggested filters:
-Artist filter: I think there is no problem as the function "View Artist's Albums" already exist when you do a right click on the now playing window.
-Genre filter: The problem is you can possibly have several genres in one album. In this case I suggest to also display partial matching albums.
-Year filter: It's the same problem, one album can possibly contain several years. I suggest to display partial matching albums too.

Thanks.

Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats