Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Kiosk Requests
Cretin

posted on 6-12-2009 at 01:51 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Kiosk Requests

I'm evaluating to software for use in a private club as our music source. I'm setting this up on an Asus EEE PC net-top touchscreen with the mouse and keyboard removed.

I have to say, I love it so far, but I have some suggestions because the people in public places are not always that computer saavy. This is of course assuming they're not already implemented and I've just not been able to figure out how to do it:

These absolutely have to happen for me to implement eJukebox as a solution:

* Give Kiosk mode the ability to hide all administrative buttons (Tools, Menu, Options, Start/Stop Viz, Adjust Volume, Show/Hide Right Panel, Pin Album List, the Options button for the Album list, the close button next to that, and the hide button next to that)
* Give Kioskmode the option to lock down all the resizables so users can't adjust the layout of the jukebox.
* Force the user to hit escape to exit kiosk mode (essentially locking my setup out from users).

Would be nice:

* Make a checkbox in "Display" options that allows the mouse cursor to be hidden while eJukebox is in use
* Make it easier for a user to add an entire album to the queue without clearing the existing queue. Perhaps a confimation popup (e.g. "Do you want to add the entire album [Album Name] to the queue?)
* If the queue is longer than what is displayable, have the next 3 in the queue stay stationary while the remaining queue scrolls to the bottom and back, sorta like how the albums list does when the system is idle. Perhaps also give some touchscreen friendly arrows to let the user scan the queue.
* Make "Radio" its own button up top with [Home] [Artists] etc., which would give a little more real estate for things like Genre, Description, possibly artwork, etc
* Quiet mode, which allows the system to play what's in the queue only, without going into something like popularity mode, custom mode, etc.
* Radio mode, which plays any songs in the queue, but then when the queue is empty, begins streaming from the last selected internet radio station.

Again, I've evaluated eTouch, Silverjuke, and a couple others and this is far and away the best I've tried. If the functionality I need is there, I'll definitely be working on a skin for my club!

Please let me know your thoughts!
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 7-1-2009 at 03:55 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hi Cretin,

Thanks for the well thought out requests! Will try to get them integrated. already have something in v4.99.91 exe which is now under the Latest Updates thread. it has a new Kiosk option that will do the following when checked:
Hide buttons Album List Options, Pin, Close Vol, Viz, Opt, Exp, Tools. and Only show the Kiosk Exit screen on top right corner click. also Playlist MENU button option will change from Enable to Show so that unchecking that option now hides the button.

Regarding Quite Mode...to accomplish this you just have to click the playmode button that is down to uncheck it and it will turn auto play off

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Cretin

posted on 7-7-2009 at 05:33 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Cool... just downloaded the latest update, and it should work well for my club. I just purchased the PRO Lifetime version, but I have another question: Since I am licensing the jukebox at the club, the version I have on my laptop is set to expire. I'm starting to build a skin for eJukebox, but can't really build it at the club. Is there a way to run eJukebox unlicensed just for skin building or do I have to buy another license?
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 7-8-2009 at 07:52 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Cretin, Thank you for the order! the only way other than purchasing another license is to swap your 1 computer license between the bar and laptop. to do that you click Tools->About then the Remove License button on the bar machine and enter your account email/password. Then on your laptop click Register Now! and enter your email/password and the click Use License. Then you could do your skin design on the laptop and when you are done swap the license back to the bar machine by doing the reverse and clicking remove on the laptop then register on the bar.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats