Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Tagging...
jacoblo33

sad.gif posted on 3-14-2003 at 10:17 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Tagging...

I am going to start the painful process of going through all my mp3 albums tomorrow...

Going to organize them better and make sure they are all correctly tagged.

I am currently using Dr. Tag and wondering if anyone have any better sugestions?

It's going to be around 10,000's songs that I am going through.

Also some eJ related questions...
If I save an image for an album, does Dr. Tag or any other program make the image smaller? Unneccesary to have a big picture file for an album cover.
I have used eJ to download most of my covers, but they don't actually save the images with the album (if I am doing it right). But if I am going through all the albums, I might as well spend an hour or so extra of adding the images. But I want them all to be stored with the mp3s...

Storing the album covers in the tag, does it increase the size of the mp3's greatly? For a big mp3 collection, how much space would you guess it would require?

Also, I have problems showing compilations albums in the Album view in eJukebox. Only a few of all my compilations shows up. Is there any program that allows me to edit this option?

The most important thing, that the time I put into this is compatible with eJukebox.

Would like any help or suggestion to make this job a bit easier...
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 3-14-2003 at 10:27 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
You can do all of this from eJukebox's Editor. Right click a song on the songlist and select Edit.

From the editor you can save an image inside the Mp3 file itself by clicking the "Set Local or Internet File as Album/ID3 Image". This will compress the image you pick in JPEG format and save it inside the file, so it will generally add about 15K or so to each of your Mp3s.

When you use the "Lookup Album/Image" button it does not save the image inside the Mp3 file and instead stores a 0.1K reference number to the eJukebox image -you must use the "Set Local or Internet File as Album/ID3 Image" button if you wish to save an actual image inside the file.

On the editor there is a "Compilation" checkbox in the Album section. Check that once for each compilation album then all your compilation albums will show up in the album list.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jacoblo33

posted on 3-14-2003 at 10:54 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I am still having some sort of problem when I use the Compilation option...
But once I have gone through my hole collection I will get back on that issue

Is there anyway to save the automatically downloaded covers to the mp3's automatically?

What other id program is most compatible with the way eJukebox works? Especially considering the album covers and resizing the images so it won't waste a lot of space.

I think that eJukebox is great to edit mp3's, but it can't really compare with the programs that are created solely for that purpose
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
jacoblo33

posted on 3-15-2003 at 02:45 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Anyone else that has any suggestion? especially considering the album covers...
stsirois

posted on 3-16-2003 at 03:02 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hey jacoblo33,

I'm in the process of doing the same thing as you & the same thoughts are running through my head. I have about 7500 MP3s & I certainly don't want to waste my time if what I try to do in a tagging program won't be compatiable in eJukebox. I've just started using Tag&Rename 2.1.7 from numerous recommendations. I've heard some good things about Dr.Tag as well, but I haven't really used it, so I can't make any comparisons.

I have many MP3s downloaded off the internet, so the format of many of the files is different from each other. So, a dedicate tagging program like Tag&Rename should be better suited to the process of fixing & adding to tags in an efficient manner. I don't have an answer for you about the album tags, but I'm going to do some experimentation in the next couple of days & will let you know. Please post your results as well.

Good luck,
Steve
jacoblo33

posted on 3-16-2003 at 06:10 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Started of with tag&rename yesterday as well. Completed a few albums and imported them into eJukebox and it works great with everything (including album cover).

Got quite a bit done, but still have 400 albums to go.

I don't know if you use it, but the allmusic feature is great. Downloads everything from tracks, album name, year, genre and cover art right from the web...

Good luck...
stsirois

posted on 3-16-2003 at 07:07 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Great! Thanks for the update. So, Dr. Tag didn't provide the cure for you?:D What is better about Tag&Rename over Dr. Tag?

Thanks,
Steve
jacoblo33

posted on 3-16-2003 at 02:32 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I think Dr. Tag is easier and better in everyway but the internet feature.

The fact that program connects to net and download all info and cover art for the album can't be beaten yet by Dr. Tag.

But for non album files and general editing, I still prefer Dr. Tag.

How is it going for you?
jacoblo33

posted on 3-16-2003 at 07:29 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
and that function went down...

all of a sudden it stopped working to download the cover art. tried to contact the developers but no luck and no forum on their site...
stsirois

posted on 3-16-2003 at 11:37 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'm in the process of trying to create ID3v2 & in some cases, v1 tags from my filenames. Since this does not require internet access, should I try Dr. Tag for this function? The majority of my songs fall into that category. Then there are a bunch of songs that have no uniform file names, some having ID3 tags & some without. They're a real mess. After I get those two scenarios straightened out, I'd like to tackle the album art & lyrics portion of the tags. Maybe I should just add those in while I'm fixing the tags now?

Maybe the AllMusic site is down? Or are you using freedb?

Steve
jacoblo33

posted on 3-17-2003 at 04:56 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Something went wrong. This morning it works again.

If you just want to edit the tags, I would recommend Dr. Tag.

But if you are going to download all the info and covers, then go for Tag&Rename.

I decided to go through everything and make sure all album tracks got all info and covers. After this it will be good in eJukebox and all albums will have covers.
But it takes a painfully long time to do.
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats