Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Cant get album images - and sort question
madox

posted on 6-17-2003 at 04:52 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Cant get album images - and sort question

I really like what I see so far :)

However eJukebox seems to think I am not connected to the internet. I am at work and not able to change anything about the network. No other app ever had problems with the network here. What is eJukebox trying to do to get out on the net? I really want to see album covers :)

Sorting question
I havn't been able to find sort features that I want, so maybe they arent there :p The various lists of songs and albums etc are all alphabetical. Is it possible to get these kind of sort orders:

For Album - list songs ordered by track number
For Artist - list albums ordered by year of album. You can maybe use song year since all songs on an album shoud be the same or use the filenames somehow to arange the album list.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-17-2003 at 10:05 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
We realize the internet connection detecton for LAN users does not always work properly. So, we have updated the internet connection technique used, in order to make it more accurate, for the next version which will be v3.27.

Under all versions - If you Edit a song and use the "Lookup Album/Image" button...and it finds an image - it will tell eJukebox that you are now online - if it thought you were previously offline.

Sorting:
In most cases if you click the song List Column header "Title" it will sort the songs Artist -> Title both alphabetically.
If you click the "Album" header it will sort the songs in Alphabetical Artist -> Alphabetical Album -> Track # (if exists) -> Alphabetical Title.

If the track number does not exist you can enter it by editing the song.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Demnos

posted on 6-18-2003 at 10:08 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
...and Audiosoft forgot to mention that in Album view, you can go into OPTIONS and there select that albums are to be sorted by Artist -> Year -> Name. Unfortunately, this does not work for the other views, i.e. when displaying all songs of an artist.
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-18-2003 at 11:31 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Demnos
...and Audiosoft forgot to mention that in Album view, you can go into OPTIONS and there select that albums are to be sorted by Artist -> Year -> Name. Unfortunately, this does not work for the other views, i.e. when displaying all songs of an artist.

Ohhhh yes Demnos, I agree with you.
It's a shame albums sorted by Artist -> Year -> Name does not work for the songlist. I know Audiosoft doesn't do this because there isn't any information for the album year in the ID3 Tags.
Personally I have put the year in each album names like this: "2003 - Album abc" to bypass the problem. That work very well. But I don't know if everyone want to do this...

Thanks.

:cool: Pirk
madox

posted on 6-19-2003 at 03:35 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Interstingly, I uninstalled and reinstalled and album covers work now. I dunno :p

I also put the album year in the filename but its probably too hard to add filename parsing and make it work good

Another problem:
I am using the mode where I play songs on winamp and eJukebox picks up the song and displays info. (Double click playlist mode tab displays info about this)

The problem is when a song changes, it looks up the song/album and displays it for an instant then displays some other song/album. (but doesnt actually play that song)

If I go to Display options and toggle 'Hide Album Cover CD' a few times, eJukebox seems to sync up and display the proper song/album.
madox

posted on 6-19-2003 at 03:57 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Another question:

When an album image is downloaded is it saved on my machine permanently? I saw someone else said there are bmps saved in a temp directory.

I'm wondering if I go offline, will all the album images it got so far still be available?

I have all my mp3's on an external USB harddrive. Will the album images still be available if I take that harddrive to a different offline computer? (assume I installed eJukebox to this harddrive as well)

Thanks!
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-19-2003 at 06:37 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:

When an album image is downloaded is it saved on my machine permanently?

Quote from Audiosoft:

Images that are looked up automatically by eJukebox (when a song is played for the first time and when the CD Ripper CD cover is auto lookedup) or when you use the Editors "Lookup Album/Image" button do Not get saved inside the MP3s tag. Only an image ID# is saved in the tag so eJukebox knows what image to use after rebuilding. The image itself is permanently saved to eJukebox database. If the image data for the ID# is not found in the database (if you install on another machine and transfer your files for example) it will use the ID# from the tag in order to download the image into the database, from the net, without having to first look it up.

The only time the actual image itself is saved to the mp3's ID3 tag is when you use the "Set Local or Internet File as Album/ID3 Image" button on the editor or CD Ripper to set the image.

Also, when you use the editors "Set4all" button or Album Browse feature to change a songs album to an exisiting one...it will save the image inside the mp3 if the image was from another song were it was in the file. Otherwise if it is an eJukebox looked up image it will encode the ID # only to the tag.
--------

It's a little complex but that is the reality!

bmps saved in the Tempory Internet folder are only there to speed up the display using eJukebox.

madox

posted on 6-20-2003 at 02:22 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
" The image itself is permanently saved to eJukebox database. "

Thanks for the reply :)
Is this database kept in the directory that eJukebox got installed to?
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 6-20-2003 at 07:39 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yes, the database is kept in the eJukebox directory even if you uninstal eJ.

Concerning your external USB harddrive:
I think the best is to put ID3 images in all your mp3s. In this way you will be able to build a new database with all your images on the second offline computer. And if you add some new mp3s using the online computer, you only need to update the database of the second offline computer.

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-20-2003 at 09:09 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:

Another problem:
I am using the mode where I play songs on winamp and eJukebox picks up the song and displays info. (Double click playlist mode tab displays info about this)

The problem is when a song changes, it looks up the song/album and displays it for an instant then displays some other song/album. (but doesnt actually play that song)

If you are currently using Winamp3 you can fix this problem by using Winamp Classic with eJukebox instead. You can download and install Winamp Classic (currently v2.91) from: http://classic.winamp.com/download

Quote:

I'm wondering if I go offline, will all the album images it got so far still be available?

I have all my mp3's on an external USB harddrive. Will the album images still be available if I take that harddrive to a different offline computer? (assume I installed eJukebox to this harddrive as well)

All your current images will be available when you go offline on the same machine.

If you take that harddrive to a different offline computer it will only work if you transfer the ejuke.asn file in C:\Program Files\eJukebox to the other computer - then rebuild the database.

If you take the harddrive to a different Online computer their is no need to transfer the ejuke.asn file as all the images for mp3 files will automatically be downloaded from the net without needing to be looked up (this is because a reference number to the image is stored in each mp3 tag).

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats