Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Ej's Web interface lost
jojo

posted on 10-8-2007 at 05:57 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ej's Web interface lost

Audiosoft, it seems that I've lost the web interface on my system. I'm unable to locate it, using IE or any other browser. If I try to launch it from EJ it crashes. I've tried changing the port but no help still the same thing. I'm using Vista home premium (32 bit) if that helps
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger jojo's Yahoo
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-8-2007 at 10:16 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
If eJukebox crashes when you click the 2WEB 'Launch' button then there is most likely a problem with a missing MSWINSCK.OCX.

Download the attached file and then move it to your windows\system32 folder. Then from the windows 'Run dialog' open 'regsvr32 C:\windows\system32\MSWINSCK.OCX'.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jojo

posted on 10-9-2007 at 08:09 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
thanks for the response, Audiosoft, that didn't seem to do it. It still crashes when I try to launch and times out from other systems.
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger jojo's Yahoo
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-9-2007 at 08:21 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Try right clicking the eJukebox shortcut on the desktop and selecting 'Run as Adminstrator'. Also make sure your firewall is not blocking the port # you set for 2web.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jojo

posted on 10-11-2007 at 05:08 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
No good, Audiosoft... :( Still not working. I probably will end up re-installing Windows soon. I've been putting it off for as long as I can but there are a few things the htpc is doing that is getting annoying. I guess I'm secretly hoping I can get it working right again, without wiping the drive and starting over again. :(
vixhex

posted on 11-17-2010 at 07:32 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
My 2Web doesn't seem to be working well either. I had it running a while ago but now all I get is a white screen either running locally or from another machine on the LAN. I honestly can't remember if I ever had it working on this install of Windows. I rebuilt a while back and haven't used ejukebox for a while.

Running latest version on W7 Ultimate. Firewall is disabled, another application that runs a webpage works fine (I disabled it to see if it was conflicting with 2web). Tried changing the port to various other numbers.

Sits on "Waiting for http://localhost:80/?refresh=true...
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 11-17-2010 at 07:43 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
What version of EJukebox? i just put up a new v5.46 to make it try to load the interface before loading the first mp3 if you have mediaserver enabled. please upgrade to that and see if you still have a problem.

also try the new Dynamic Link Forwarder feature and see if that helps.
If not windows firewall maybe needs to be setup to allow ejukebox.exe to use the port #.

crlove

posted on 11-17-2010 at 12:21 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'm on 5.45 mine works fine but I'm on XP
vixhex

posted on 11-17-2010 at 05:57 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Audiosoft
What version of EJukebox? i just put up a new v5.46 to make it try to load the interface before loading the first mp3 if you have mediaserver enabled. please upgrade to that and see if you still have a problem.

also try the new Dynamic Link Forwarder feature and see if that helps.
If not windows firewall maybe needs to be setup to allow ejukebox.exe to use the port #.

Just re-downloaded the 5.46 from the site and installed and I get the same thing. It almost loads the page . . . you can see the IE header, but the window contents are blank. See attached screenshot.

Firewall is disabled on all interfaces and added ejukebox.exe to the exception list just for good measure. Also tried the dynamic link forwarder and it didn't help.

vixhex has attached this image:
Capture.JPG - 26.13kb
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 11-17-2010 at 07:17 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
is that with the new mediaserver option disabled? if not please try unchecking mediaserver at first and let me know if it loads up then.
also can you try in a different browser...firefox or chrome and see if it works for you?

vixhex

posted on 11-18-2010 at 02:21 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yeah, the mediaserver option was disabled . . . tried it both enabled and disabled and all of the browsers do the same thing as IE.

I have some time tonight to dig deeper in to my computer to see if anything else is going on. I am running a usenet application that creates its own webpage interface on that same computer. I've made sure to shut that down when testing and avoid the port number that it uses, just to be safe.
vixhex

posted on 11-18-2010 at 02:54 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Got it working!

I tried a bunch of things that didn't help:
-Took ownership of all files on c:\ (due to unrelated issues I was having)
-Complete delete of anything ejukebox/audiosoft related in both c:\ and registry
-Reinstall
Still wasn't working.

Then, I hit the 2web options button and did the following:
-Checked "Use password" box
-Typed a password in: test
-Unchecked the "Use Alternate Content When PocketPC"

It started working!

I turned all those settings back off . . . and its still working. Wanted to pass my findings along in case it helps at all.

Thanks for your help and for years of an excellent product and support! :) :) :)
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats