Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: eJukebox is totally disoriented with multiple winamps on vista
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 9-12-2007 at 04:44 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
eJukebox is totally disoriented with multiple winamps on vista

Audiosoft,

Since I've installed a second winamp (beta version in a different folder..) eJukebox can't synchronise with this second winamp install (It displays some album covers but not the right ones..) I've tried to change the winamp folder in eJukebox.ini but that doesn't work. I currently use ejukebox in "slave" mode while winamp play a long playlist generated by the musicip mixer or the Playlist Generator plugin (gracenote). I test both.. but musicip seems to be the best!

How could I force eJukebox to synchronise with this second winamp install?

Thanks.

:cool: Pirk
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 9-12-2007 at 08:18 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Make sure you only have 1 winamp instance running at the same time. Make sure that the ejukebox.ini path is to where that winamp.exe is installed.

on Vista the path to winamp in the ejukebox.ini does not get used for playlist synchronization like on XP. The path in the ejukebox.ini is only used to start winamp on Vista.

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Winamp\winamp.m3u is what eJukebox always reads in to syncronize the playlist on Vista since that is where windows moves the data. I am not sure...maybe that path changes when you install and use a winamp from a different folder than C:\Program Files\Winamp on Vista. Browse to your winamp install folder and click compatibility files and let me know if sends you somewhere different than "AppData\Roaming\Winamp\"

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 9-13-2007 at 12:12 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The winamp.m3u file for my second winamp install is in: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Winamp_5.36Beta. And I've installed this beta version of winamp in C:\Program Files\Winamp_5.36Beta. So vista uses as playlist folder name the same name I've used for the install folder: The paths are differents, but the final folder name is the same! Maybe you could make so that eJukebox search the winamp.m3u using the target folder name specified in ejukebox.ini. In this way if I want to force eJ to synchronise with a third install (it's just a example..), it will always use the right playlist.

Also I've noticed that ejukebox always change the winamp path in ejukebox.ini to "Dir=C:\Program Files\Winamp\". So in fact it's impossible to use with ejukebox a winamp installed elsewhere than in the default winamp path. Maybe could you add a button in the options, or maybe better, a new choice in the playlist Menu: "Synchronise with winamp" (while winamp is running), and after that ejukebox would always use this install and the corresponding playlist.m3u, until the next manual synchronization? I say that because the MusicIP Mixer works like that with winamp: it find the running winamp, and it sends its song selections in the right playlist too!

Thanks.

:cool: Pirk
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats