Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: eJukebox refuses Winamp!
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 4-30-2007 at 11:29 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
eJukebox refuses Winamp!

Audiosoft,

I don't know what I've made wrong with Winamp -I've just tried the surprising "Winamp Media Player 11" skin!- and also installed at the same time the last Winamp version 5.34: Damned! I don't know if it is related to this new Winamp version, but now as soon as I select Winamp as player in the eJukebox menu, always the same song -and only this song- is displayed in the Now playing window, and eJ refuse to change it! I can press the Forward button, clear the eJ playlist, drag another album: It's no good!
I can change the eJukebox playlist, but eJukebox (in fact Winamp) continuously plays the "Up Next" song. The playlist never moves (unless I press the playlist "Next" button), and the Now playing window stays stucked on a song, still the same, "Même si la vie c'est pas du foie gras" by Anaïs, while another song (in fact the "Up Next" song) is played in Winamp. Cf my screenshot, if that can help:

Any ideas??

NB: the bug doesn't occur if I select Media player as player for eJ, but it reappears as soon as I select Winamp again! Even after I restarted eJ, it's worse: eJ runs, but not Winamp (unless I start it manually). The now playing window is just totally white, and empty..

Pirk has attached this image:
winamp bug.jpg - 205.14kb

:cool: Pirk
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-1-2007 at 12:28 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Is this on Vista? Have you tried going back to Winamp 5.33?
Winamp 5.34 seems to work good with eJukebox here on XP.

Maybe it has something to do with the new unicode file support in Winamp 5.34. Do me a favor and post your C:\Program Files\Winamp\winamp.m3u or your C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Winamp\winamp.m3u if this is on Vista.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 5-1-2007 at 10:33 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yes, it's on Vista. Not tried going back to Winamp 5.33. Even I don't know what was my previous version? I'm not sure that was 5.33.

Another precision: I've also listened a few Winamp radios, from the Home page "Shoutcast Internet radio" link. Maybe my problems started from there?

Here is my C:/Program files/Winamp/Winamp.m3u file: No song in it!

The other location is more interesting, the Winamp.m3u file is not empty! (Cf the file in my next post)

Attachment: winamp.m3u (9b)
This file has been downloaded 984 times

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 5-1-2007 at 10:36 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Here is the user name related winamp.m3u file:

Attachment: Winamp.m3u (259b)
This file has been downloaded 989 times

Dyno Don

posted on 5-1-2007 at 12:50 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I get the white album cover too. No text nothing. But a song is playing. It is the song in the next up box. It is because eJ is confused as to which winamp you are running. I can make it happen accidentally by running a video in another instance of winamp while the main winamp is playing a video. Not recommended. This is a terrible problem and it happens often for many reasons to us video guys. Deinstall all winamps. Make sure it is NOT in add/remove. Install a fresh copy in a new dir. Start the new winamp with a song playing. Start eJ that should sync it.

Sometimes it doesn't fix it for us either. It is a nasty one and you have to try several different things. Winamp changed the install asking you if you want the settings per user or not. That has an effect too.

Good Luck

Don
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 5-1-2007 at 01:14 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hi Dyno Don!

Personally I never use several instances of winamp. And it's not just the NP album cover which is white, but the entire now playing window..

I just managed to unfreeze my now playing panel: Remembering that contrary to some users, and probably Audiosoft too, I've the option "Start Playback on startup" UNchecked, I've tried to check this option and restart eJukebox: Miracle! Everything works good again..

But as I don't want to finish here, felling the lizard.. I've tried to listen a shoutcast radio again. OK, but how do you come out of Internet radios?? I think this is the problem! The now playing panel is stucked again on the last file that was playing before I start the radios. - Note that eJ has never updated the NP panel with something saying that we are listening internet radios. Well sometimes the nocover image appears with a scrolling text, but it's very sporadic! - Nevertheless as eJ seems definitely "focused" on radios, I tried to close it.. but then it comes in a endless loop (50% cpu), so I need to kill it from the task manager. I run eJ again, this time a new endless loop on start! 30% cpu, nothing happens? I kill it again.. I notice that I also need to close winamp because if winamp is not closed when I start eJ, eJ will not manage to start.. Then I restart eJ, that's good now!
So conclusion: I promise me to don't use again Internet radios in eJ before that been fixed! ;)

Audiosoft, something's up.. sorry for this annoyance.

Thanks for you help guys.

Dyno Don

posted on 5-1-2007 at 03:18 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I know it seems crazy to use several, but our AUDIO jukebox uses a winamp with the sqrsoft crossfader where that plugin ruins videos. Since we have two seperate eJs on one machine, one with audio, one with video, we have to have two winamps installed, or the songs crosspollute the eJ database.

The whole trick to making the videos play for us in eJ before the recent change to accepting videos, was to drop a video file on winamp while ej is playing. Ej sees winamp playing the song and assumes it is new and adds it to the db, the only way... it is a .MPG, but eJ only see a song playing and adds it anyway. The db points to the video file an all.

So if you ACCIDENTALLY start a second version of winamp, ej has no clue as to which to listen to and screws up.

Why accidentally run two? Because videos need to be played in winamp to make the two screen function work well. So I could have the eJ paused while checking out a new video to add, but forget it is paused and run the video in my "test" config of winamp. I will have to fix that procedure :) !

Don
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 5-1-2007 at 03:39 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
All right Dyno Don: For lack to see your videos, I see your way for videos. ;) That's a feat you managed to use a audio jukebox for videos! But it seems that Audiosoft is improving eJukebox in your way.. That's a good thing!

Otherwise, do you mean that I could have started two instances of winamp accidentally?
I don't think so, because there is a specific option in winamp that allow several instances.. and this option is not checked in my case.

Thanks.

rllercstr7

posted on 5-1-2007 at 05:22 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hmm, thats interesting Don. I also use the SQR crossfader and have the same problem with it and the audio on my videos. A while back I suggested that maybe Windows Media Player could just be set to play all video, hence the fader issue would not be a problem, but the music would still play with Winamp and the fade could be used there. This also eliminates problems with eJukebox getting confused with multiple instances of Winamp. Perhaps there is even a way to switch playback from the now playing area to fullscreen on another monitor with WMP. Hopefully Audiosoft can make something like this a reality!
Dyno Don

posted on 5-1-2007 at 06:12 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
You just drag the video window over to the other monitor.
The problem is that it plays at the resolution of the video, not "fit to screen" like winamp does. So small files (320x240) look very small in a corner, where 720x480s fill the screen.

Anyone know of a "fit to screen option" for videos in WMP?

Don
rllercstr7

posted on 5-1-2007 at 06:33 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hmm, thats odd Don. I tried it with my multimonitor setup and after I drag the small video box over to my secondary screen and right click slecting zoom->fullscreen, the video plays nice and big. This particular clip is not fullscreen resolution either. What version of WMP are you running? I am using WMP 11 and if you actually open a clip in the player and right click on it and select video size there is an option at the top of the dropdown menu that says "Fit Video to Player on Resize". That option is check on my player so you might look at that, but you can only see the option from WMP itself, not the small window eJukebox uses.
Dyno Don

posted on 5-1-2007 at 06:36 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yes, that option is available when running wmp solo, but not in the Now Playing window. After dragging it over I can make it full size too, but on the next song change it reverts to the native reso of the clip. Each change changes the size of the window.

Don
rllercstr7

posted on 5-1-2007 at 06:49 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Oh ok, I see what you mean. I thought you meant the video stayed on the second screen and was just resizing over there on the song change. I see how it automatically repositions in the Now Playing area when the song changes, but I think that is definately something Audiosoft has to change or make an option for. Excuse my stupidity Don. I haven't used the video feature a whole lot yet as I am still waiting for .asf support to add the bulk of my video collection.
Dyno Don

posted on 5-1-2007 at 06:53 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
No you had it right. I can make it stay over on the second monitor (it is called full screen overlay in NVIDIA settings). It stays there, but the size of the playing video changes size depending on the size of the video playing. If we use winamp, we just check UNcheck the "resize videos" button and it stays full screen. Small videos get blown up to fill the screen. Nothing like that in WMP.

Don

I realize that doesn't make sense. Videos have a resolution to them. Normal TV in US is 320x240 pixels. DVDs are 720x480. Whatever I set my SCREEN reso to it stays that way and the videos fill only the pixels they have info for. So a 320x240 is half size. If I make it full screen by rightclicking it stays full screen until the song change, then it reverts to whatever size it can fill.
Pirk
Posting Freak

shocked.gif posted on 5-1-2007 at 07:37 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
eJukebox refuses Winamp!

Hey guys,

It's not that I don't like your conversation, I also appreciate a lot your company and support, but I just would like to point out my Topic: "eJukebox refuses Winamp!" ...
As your conversation drift to videos, maybe could you create another topic: "I love to play my videos with eJukebox, but.."

Thank You guys! ;)

Dyno Don

posted on 5-1-2007 at 07:48 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Excuse the sarcasm, but the forums are so swamped with messages, I can't keep up. :)

We are discussing how Ej decides what song is playing, the sidebar on videos is pertinant as I think the video portion and winamps losing track are tied together.
If we started a new thread about videos and someone mentioned he had a white screen, would we have to tell him to take it somewhere else? Sorry the thread mistracked. I am not the guru of forums, just sharing ideas. You can move this portion if you like. I see you solved your problem, but mine persists.

Sorry to step on your toes...

Don

edit... I made a new thread.... :) :)
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 5-1-2007 at 07:57 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
No Dyno Don, my problem is not really solved! I've just found a trick to unfreeze my now playing panel..

Otherwise OK, maybe videos in eJukebox cause similar problems.. I apologise! :)

rllercstr7

posted on 5-1-2007 at 08:44 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Sorry Pirk,
I will move my future comments to Don's new thread.
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 5-1-2007 at 08:52 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ok thanks rllercstr7,

Don't worry about it, my remark was just with the aim of Audiosoft can make good use of our bug reports.. Sometimes that must not be easy! :D

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-2-2007 at 03:46 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
First of all, multiple winamp instances should be Disabled if you are going to use eJukebox with winamp.

Second, the wmp video in eJukebox is set to stretch, preserve the aspect ratio and to stay full screen (after you right click and put it in fullscreen).

Also, what exactly goes wrong when you use the crossfading plugin with winamp and you play a video?

Now to the posted topic....
Pirk, I am a bit confused on this one. Your winamp.m3u is perfect...so doesn't look like a Vista issue. Can you clarify and help me reproduce the problem? What should I do to make it occur?

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 5-2-2007 at 10:44 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Step by step to the Internet Radio bug:

Audiosoft,

Well, now I've found the origin of the bug I can give you a step by step that should produce it for you too:

1) Uncheck the eJukebox option "Start playback on startup"

2) Click on the Home page link "Shoutcast Internet Radio"

3) Listen to a radio..

4) Now just imagine you want to play a album from your eJukebox database: How do you leave the internet radio?

You can drag a album on the playlist, but the now playing panel stays stucked on the radio! The forward button plays the "Up Next" song in Winamp, but the now playing panel is not updated..

5) So, unless you have a solution to skip the internet radio displayed in the now playing panel, you end to close eJukebox using the close button (X)! Yes, close eJukebox really, if you want to reproduce the bug..

6) Run eJukebox

7) ANNOYANCES should start from there: Starting from here, the Now playing panel is stucked! End it's not finished...

OK eJukebox have now updated the now playing pannel with the album you previously added to the playlist, but when you click on the play button, Winamp plays the "Up Next" song -not the song displayed in the Now playing panel- and you can't skip this song.
Whether you clear the playlist or you drag another album on the now playing panel, the now playing panel stays stucked on the album you added in the step 4).

8) Tell me how you repair eJukebox now??

9) You don't know? Well I'll try to help you.. (pushing your head under the water! Sorry)

10) Check the option "Start playback on startup"

11) Close eJukebox:
Surprising, Winamp starts to play the Internet radio again!!!
You should also have a error message from ej "error 0"

12) Run eJukebox.. You can't, because it still runs in the background.. indefinitely, so you KILL it!

13) You run eJukebox again.. It starts but it is now stucked on the splash screen, indefinitely..

14) What do you do now? You kill it again?!

15) Yes, we are really stucked!! Normally eJukebox should work again but....

16) Well.. I managed to repair my eJukebox:
I've cleared the Winamp playlist, closed Winamp and restarted eJukebox, all that several times.. but now eJukebox works again normally!! Phew!

17) And you Audiosoft? :)

PS: A variant of this bug is that in the Step 4) you just close eJukebox with no song in the eJ playlist.. Then you get a White Page in the now playing panel after you restarted eJukebox..
Another variant -for me- is eJukebox starts with Still the Same Song "Même si la vie c'est pas du foie gras" by Anaïs. And "Of course" you can't skip this song.. even if the winamp.m3u fill is correct! Cf my screenshot on my first post: The (vicious) circle is shut! ;)

I hope I have clarified this bug so you manage to reproduce it, and you can fix it!

Thanks a lot.

Dyno Don

posted on 5-2-2007 at 01:00 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Audiosoft
Also, what exactly goes wrong when you use the crossfading plugin with winamp and you play a video?

I haven't tried it in a while, but when the sqrsoft crossfader is enabled in winamp, the videos get the last few seconds cut off. When it should start fading it jumps right to the new tune. Really, tho, who would expect it to crossfade videos? That is entirely different than crossfading audio.

Don
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats