Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: eJukebox v3.0 Beta1: DOWNLOAD
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 3-11-2003 at 08:26 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
eJukebox v3.0 Beta1: DOWNLOAD

We are still working on some things for v3.0 but since it has been awhile since our last release we thought we should put something new out for eJukebox users to use. Please report bugs and/or comment on the beta by replying to this post.

v3.0 Final is now available for download:
http://www.audiosoft.net/download.htm

List of changes over v2.99r5:

-Fixed Start Visualization on Inactivy bug - entering 1 sec causes fatal error

-Added FadeOut Effect on Exit and Startup

-Changed popup menu colors to blue

-added Minimize to Tray Option

-fixed it so Partial Files (under 350k) are added outside database building

-made clicking Album and Title Headers return newly Sorted results faster and maintain scroll postion

-made song annouce stop speaking before announcing another song

-song announce now automatically adds the word "the" to the beginning of the artist name where appropriate.

-added Ability to Print Songlists in Full Color and Print Preview

-right click web brower menu now works while viewing web links in eJukebox

-multi cd albums now show up once instead for each cds in album list

-added support for .MPC files

-made it so ID3 Images are only resaved to tag when image is changed in editor

- added option to play playlist mode in track order instead of random

- made it so popmenus open to the left when there is not enough screenroom to the right and stay on screen when there is not enough screen room to the bottom

-added ability to View Playlists as songlists From Special Menu

-added ability to import multiple playlist files in PlaylistMode

-fixed album highlight in songlist getting stuck

-Added Bookmarks Feature

-made it so database setup only ignores folders named windows and not files with the word "windows" in its name

-ID3 Images are now saved as compressed JPGs in the tag and in ejukebox's database instead of in uncompressed BMP format

-Updated eJUkebox's uninstaller so it does not delete needed system files

-fixed whiteflash when switch to homepage view

-fixed albumlist count to include compilations

-PREVENTED PROGRAM FREEZES Caused by excessive user clicking - fixed eJukebox so it doesn't accept more mouseclicks after a songlist is already loading

-Now Picks Random song from TOP 1/3 of matching songs not played in longest for Custom and Popularity Mode - resulting in different songs being played more often

-added ability to use Popularity Mode settings in Custom Mode

-added sliding nowplaying and songlist title effects

-added Forward and Bac Browsing of Top ARTISTs on HOMEPAGE

-made it so popularity stats are not written to mp3 files tag when windows is shutting down - it will do it next time ejukebox is shutdown normally

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Rich

posted on 3-11-2003 at 09:35 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks for v3.0 Beta 1

Sorry for the forum loss, but THANK YOU for the new version! I've just installed it and played around a bit; (love the fade effect, btw) the right click for album options was a good choice, and the "Special" catagory was a nice way to handle a bunch of requests.

Anyway, I wanted to fire off a quick post to say thanks again.

-Rich
jacoblo33

posted on 3-11-2003 at 09:36 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Too bad what happened with the forum

The beta looks great, especially the icons, fading and updated graphics. The new functions are great (bookmark especially) and its wonderful how you guys listen to the users of the program.

Anyhow, how is it going with the additional control features in kiosk mode?
Is there any plan of allowing renaming the name of the program in the tray bar to the current song title? or at least at the option available...

Someone else posted this request yesterday - the option of adding a whole bookmark folder to the playlist with one click and also being able to add songs in the playlist and the current one playing to a bookmark.

Thanks!
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 3-11-2003 at 10:02 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks for the nice comments Rich.

jacoblo33, We wish we had a chance to see that post about adding bookmarks to the playlist. But thankfully you have a good memory. I am not sure if adding adding another right click menu option would be the right choice as the menu is already getting too big. We probally need to do something like this though as you didn't notice that what you and the other user wanted to do can already be done...but with 2 Clicks not 1. ;)

You can add a whole bookmark folder to the playlist by clicking the playlist menu button... then click Load Playlist...then browse to the Bookmark file (which is automatically saved as a playlist in the Playlists/Bookmarks/ folder in eJukebox's install folder). You can also load the bookmarks the same way in Playlist Mode.

Also, we are definatly going to be adding the bookmark menu to the right click menu for the currently playing song.

The new Kiosk mode options are comming along nicely and should make it in v3.0. If not they will be in the release right after v3.0.

As to the renaming the name of the program in the tray bar to the current song title...we should be able to get this in v3.0. We are working on it.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bosh

posted on 3-11-2003 at 12:10 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I had made the note last night that after you bookmark a song, the pop up menu doesn't close.

I also made the other notes regarding the bookmark feature, however, they have been covered I think. The ability to bookmark the currently playing song, and the ability to easily load a bookmark into the playlist.

Lastly, the new visual features of v3.0 look fantastic!
jacoblo33

posted on 3-11-2003 at 12:50 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
you guys deserve some credit for how you listen to the people on this forum. never seen any other program which is so closely linked to the wants of the users. keep up the great work!

one last thing...along with renaming the title in the tray bar, it would be great to have the name appear if you drag your mouse over the icon (when its minimized to tray). Currently the title of program appears down there as well.

Thanks!
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
sghoughton

posted on 3-11-2003 at 06:49 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I think it is fantastic how quickly you guys put in new requested features.

Quite excellent.

I've got a new web page coming up soon dealing with my arcade cabinet and a few more - i'll definitly be recommending your software there as a perfect complement.

steve
jhlurie

posted on 3-11-2003 at 08:33 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Whats your best guess on a 3.0 release date?
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 3-11-2003 at 09:58 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hello!
Let's go again...

Thanks for the 3.0 beta1 version and its nices graphics improvements!

The rebuilding of the database is really much more fast even on my old computer. Also the size of the database is more light, thanks to jpeg images.

However I have some questions:
Can you put an option to disable the title animation of the songlist? It's too slow on my (old) computer.

Also I still have misgivings about the corruption of SOME files AFTER edition in eJ:
How to explain the program "Mp3ext" (www.mutschler.de/mp3ext) display incoherents files informations: Bitrate 0k, size 0K, frequency 0k... even though these infos appear OK in Tag&Rename.
These programs use differents way to retrieve the informations of the mp3s?

Pirk
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 3-11-2003 at 10:13 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Pirk,

Glad to hear the database building speed is faster for you.

We will definitely be adding an option to disable the songlist title animation effect in v3.0 final.

I am not sure but if i had to guess, Mp3ext probally doesn't use real mp3 bitrate calculations like eJukebox and Tag&Rename do. There is a decent generic way to calculate bitrates,etc which some developers choose to use because it is much much faster than real file analysis but it is hardly as accurate or reliable.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 3-11-2003 at 10:58 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It's a shame that Mp3ext display wrong infos, I like to use this program. But if I use it, I am a bit frightened looking my mp3s infos.

Otherwise, thanks for your reply and for your continuous good work.

Pirk
stsirois

posted on 3-11-2003 at 11:57 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Pirk,

I used to use MP3Ext when I was using Win98SE. Now that I'm on WinXP, I no longer need MP3Ext because WinXP will allow you to see & organize the bitrate (along with a slew of other attributes) in the Explorer file structure. Are you using WinXP?

Steve
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 3-12-2003 at 12:49 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Steve,

Yes, i use WinXP.
I know Mp3ext is a bit redundant, but Windows file manager doesn't manage the ID3 images and Mp3ext is very handy for doing that.
But maybe you are right, now that eJukebox is able to edit the ID3 albums images, i should have to throw away Mp3ext :(.

Thanks for your comment.

Pirk
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats