Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: No sound with 2web
eotten

puzzled.gif posted on 9-28-2006 at 08:12 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
No sound with 2web

Hi, I manage to get my jukebox working from my webbrowser at work. The only thing which does not work is to get sound.

Help, do anyone knows whats wrong. my speakers are normal working with mediaplayer.

Regards,

Erwin
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 9-28-2006 at 10:04 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
You will need to download and install the Shoutcast server in order to be able to listen remotely. That can be downloaded HERE

You will also need to download and install the Shoutcast DSP plugin for winamp from HERE

Information on how to setup the server and dsp plugin can be found HERE. Follow the instructions under 'be a server' and 'be a d.j."

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
CiXel

posted on 11-9-2006 at 10:00 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Actually, I'm curious how EJ2Web is playing the stream within IE when using a shoutcast server.
I can "hear" my stream locally via 2web (By hear I mean I see a connection is make in the top box). I'm using this IP:
http://ExternalIP:8000

But when I'm at work that same address isn't working.
Instead I have to open:
http://ExternalIP:8000/listen.pls
Which opens the stream successfully in winamp (or I can just type http://ExternalIP:8000 into winamp)

Is 2web using an internal stream player or something?
I don't get why I can hear the stream successfully (so it's there and coming through) but why the internal function of 2web won't pick it up.
Idea?
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 11-9-2006 at 10:30 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The player built into the bar at the top of the browser interface is windows media player. Maybe you have an old version of windows media player installed on your work computer that does not support shoutcast stream playback.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
CiXel

posted on 11-11-2006 at 02:30 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Audiosoft
The player built into the bar at the top of the browser interface is windows media player. Maybe you have an old version of windows media player installed on your work computer that does not support shoutcast stream playback.

The interesting part is that if I copy the same line that I pasted into EJ into WMP directly... it works, albeit after a bunch of buffering (about a 2 min delay). Go figure.
[EDIT] I figured the delay aspect out. If you don't supply WMP with an actual proper extension that it recognizes as a stream, it will create a superlong buffer for itself to compensate [EDIT]

Here's a separate idea. Let me know how feasible this may be:
in the 2web options, add a check box that will use the URL in the Shoutcast stream box but will place it on a button called "Listen"

That way when a person clicks Listen it will launch that URL in whatever player is defaulted to streaming on the system.
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats