Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites  
Author: Subject: eJukebox v3.996
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 2-19-2006 at 06:55 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
eJukebox v3.996

This version of eJukebox is the first to work with the new online ordering and registration system. The new system uses eJukebox Account Email/Passwords instead of registration keys. It also makes it easier to work with your eJukebox License(s) and allows you to make registrations at anytime without needing to worry about reg codes or app id#'s. All you need is your Email and same Password which gets setup when you order eJukebox from the new cart.

If you ordered under the old system eJukebox will remain registered. When you format your pc and need to register again you will be able to request a new email/password account from the new cart and I will manually enter in your old order data so your new account receives lifetime credit for past orders.

Other Updates in v3.996:

-Added AlbumList Option for X-Large Covers :D
-Added AlbumList Option "Hide AlbumList If Long Songlist"
-Made lists scroll smoother when using scrollbuttons
-fixed 2Web v2.6 port 80 bug

Here is a screenshot of how the new registration system works. Let me know what you guys think. Hopefully I will have time to make the Splash Screen look cooler for v4.0. Any Flash Animators out there? Anyways it does the job in v3.996 and Fixes All Registration Problems.

Audiosoft has attached this image:
newreg.jpg - 187.2kb

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
flummi

posted on 2-19-2006 at 08:00 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I installed the update. The Info shows only that Ejukebox is registered under flummi. It doesn't shows wich Ejukebox is installed and not the lifetime licence. Is this o.K.?
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 2-19-2006 at 08:26 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yes that is ok. That is how it is supposed to be - for users who are not using a new Email/Password account yet. The next time you need to register you can request a new email/password account and from that point it will show the new Remove License and Change License buttons. Since you are still registered under the old system you do not need a new Email/Password account yet.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
stsirois

posted on 2-19-2006 at 05:44 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Has this bug been fixed in v3.996?

http://www.audiosoft.net/forums/viewthread.php?tid=1414

Changing album names on tags IS NOT COOL especially if you've months on your collection to make them pristine.

Thanks,
Steve
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 2-19-2006 at 09:21 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
stsirois,

Yes that has been fixed.

The eJukebox automatic cover lookup (first time played... looking up cover...) does not change the album name if there was already an album name. Neither does the Lookup Missing Covers button on the album list options.

The only time it does is if you use the Editor and manually click Auto Lookup then it will show the album name of the cover found....but you can always click the undo button at the top left corner of the editor to go back to the original name.

Spazz

posted on 2-19-2006 at 10:55 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Actually, I had it change the I'm Afraid of Americans Single to The Best of David Bowie when I was testing the art lookup.

http://area51.gerpok.com/song/spazz.png
Fishy

posted on 2-19-2006 at 11:32 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
For me it changed Jerry Lee Lewis into various things ranging from 25 greatest sun recordings to 25 orginal sun recordings. With different cover images. That is not from the editor, but by simply having autolookup enabled and play a few songs from that album :o

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 2-20-2006 at 12:03 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It might change the album name in eJukebox - but Not in the id3 tag.

You would have to edit the song in the editor for the new ej album name to get saved to the album field in the id3 tag.

I guess I will have to add an option to make the auto cover lookup fail when it does not find an album name match...instead of then trying for an artist/songtitle match like it does now.

stsirois

posted on 2-20-2006 at 06:00 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Audiosoft
It might change the album name in eJukebox - but Not in the id3 tag...

Spazz & Fishy - can you verify this?

Thanks,
Steve
Fishy

posted on 2-20-2006 at 06:32 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
No, but I guess Audiosoft knows what he is talking about. He writes the program you know ;)

The idea to build in some options for autolookup sounds appeling by the way. Then both tag junkies and new users, without tags, might set the auto lookup after their own preferences.

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
rllercstr7

posted on 2-20-2006 at 09:48 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft I just looked at the new order page and it looks great! I have updated the manual explaining the new reg system in the FAQ and also included the other new features. Is the album list spacing issue I pointed out going to be fixed soon? You have mentioned working on the 2Web interface lately; what does the future hold for it? Thanks!
privatejz

posted on 2-21-2006 at 04:13 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
man this is great news, as i tend to reformat every few months, and have latley been having hard drive issues which resulted in replacement and the reinstall of ejukebox 3 times in the past month.

i just followed the new account request on the order page and upgraded to the 3.996 version. looking foward to getting this set up so i don't have to bother you anymore and you can concentrate on more important things like making this even a more sweet jukebox.

thanks for the hard work and late nights im sure you put in on this.
rlailey

thumbup.gif posted on 2-21-2006 at 10:53 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
v3.996

I've had the same OS hard disk config ever since I've installed eJ many moons back for the simple reason that it's scared the pants off of me wondering if I'd ever get eJ back again post reformat.

I think the license improvements in v3.996 will be very well received by everyone. Thanks Audiosoft.
Fishy

posted on 2-21-2006 at 11:19 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It is good to see a new registration system settled!

Sorry if this has been asked about and answered before. Are there any complications with this new registration system when one has changed e-mail adress since ordering ejukebox? The account I used back then is long gone.

-----------
Fishy
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 2-21-2006 at 11:49 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
As long as you fill in the other eJukebox account/address details with the same info I will be able to set it up. If there are any problems I will email.

privatejz

posted on 2-22-2006 at 05:14 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
the new regestraion process worked like a champ.... thanks again...
Well_Jaggy

posted on 2-23-2006 at 12:04 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Sorry, ONE YEAR LICENCE! eh?

don't think so! If thats the case, then feel free to cancel my registration and refund me. not happy if that is the case.

FYI, the PC I have it installed on is a standalone PC with no Internet connectivity whatsoever, and never will have. If I need to re-install, then what are my options?
rllercstr7

posted on 2-23-2006 at 06:02 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Well_Jaggy - As long as you purchased eJukebox before the new order system and price scheme was enabled you should have a lifetime subscription. New customers have the choice of purchasing for just a year or a lifetime. Audiosoft will have to confirm this, but I'm pretty sure its correct.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 2-24-2006 at 03:48 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yes, that is right. If you ordered before you will get a new Lifetime license account for free.

Quote:

no Internet connectivity whatsoever, and never will have. If I need to re-install, then what are my options?

Your options are to use the contact form on the new cart so I can help you.

Well_Jaggy

posted on 2-24-2006 at 03:56 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Audiosoft
Yes, that is right. If you ordered before you will get a new Lifetime license account for free.

Quote:

no Internet connectivity whatsoever, and never will have. If I need to re-install, then what are my options?

Your options are to use the contact form on the new cart so I can help you.

Ok. Thank goodness for that! Sorry for the panic attack, but when I saw the "one year" thing, it kinda p1ss3d me off! Its good to know that there are other options if I need to re-install it.

Cheers!

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats