Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites  
Author: Subject: eJukebox v3.995
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 2-4-2006 at 06:35 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
eJukebox v3.995

v3.995 Beta 1 Updates:
  1. New High Resolution Automatic Album/Art Lookup. If high resolution art is not found the old lookup is tried
  2. All images are now displayed perfectly square in eJukebox.
  3. ID3 tag images and cover/folder.jpg images are now imported as perfectly square instead of slightly larger in height.
  4. Tile album art as songlist background option now uses full size images instead of small images whenever possible.
v3.995 Beta 2 Updates:
  1. Updated it so new high quality lookup is tried first when only the artist and title is known.
v3.995 Beta 3 Updates:
  1. Updated it so compilation albums work with new lookup.
v3.995 Beta 4 Updates:
  1. Fixed setting/working with id3 cover art in editor not working bug.
  2. Updated Find Online button so that is lists all online albums by the artist
v3.995 Beta 5 Updates:
  1. Fixed new lookup images not showing up in the now playing panel when offline or automatic lookups is disabled.
  2. Made new cover lookup return results more often.
  3. Added blue indicator dot on top left of album cover in editor to indicate when you are looking at an id3 tag embedded image as opposed to an ej lookup. The full size cover view button is now always visible unless you are looking at an old low quality looked up image
v3.995 Final Updates:
  1. Fixed some old ej lookup images not showing up in now playing panel while showing up in the songlist and editor
  2. Removed fadein effect on popup menus to improve performance
  3. Fixed new cover lookup for use in CD Ripper
  4. Numerious other improvements to new album cover lookup

Let me know what you guys think. You do not need to re-build your database...the new lookup is integrated with the old for full compatibility so that it won't effect the covers you already have.

I know most of you use your own art but I think this feature will be really nice for everyone as the new lookup is much faster than the old one and the new images look great. Plus, the new hi-res images are treated like the old ej images in that they are restored when you rebuild the music database via a tiny amount of info saved to a hidden field in each mp3 id3 tag...without actually embedding the image itself in the tag. Which also means that songs using the new hi-res lookup images are faster to work with in the eJukebox editor compared to songs with id3 tag embedded images.

You can test out the new cover lookup by clicking "Auto Lookup" in the Editor, playing a song that does not have a cover yet, or listening to a shoutcast radio stream that has song title info.

NOTE: Download Attachment Removed. v3.995 Final Released 02/06/06

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 2-4-2006 at 11:50 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thank you for this update Audiosoft.

If I want perfect square images (with perfect frames too??) in the Albumlist, do I need to rebuild my database or not ?

:cool: Pirk
Fishy

posted on 2-4-2006 at 02:49 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
hmm I tried an autolookup which resulted in no coverimages for the songs from that particular album. When I enter that album in the songlist, an unusal small image shows up. And I am not allowed to set other images for that particular album.

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 2-4-2006 at 10:18 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:

If I want perfect square images (with perfect frames too??) in the Albumlist, do I need to rebuild my database or not ?

The images will be square and the frames will be perfect without needing to rebuild. You just need to refresh the album list.

Also, can you guys do me a favor and check your windows/system32 or wint/system32 for a file named MSXML3.DLL and let me know if you have it or not. The new cover lookup will not work without it...so I am trying to figure out if it needs to be added to the installers.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 2-4-2006 at 10:40 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
- I have the file "MSXML3.DLL" (win XP Pro).

- OK, I've refreshed my albumlist.. and yes, now the frames are -almost- perfect! Sorry if I quibble about that, but there are still some little unevenness... even if it's already well better than before! :)
Fishy, yes I know that I could remove the frames! :P

Pirk has attached this image:
albumlist.png - 575.9kb

rllercstr7

posted on 2-4-2006 at 11:16 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I have that file on my XP Home install Audiosoft.
Fishy

posted on 2-4-2006 at 11:33 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I have that file too :b

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 2-4-2006 at 11:41 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
RE: When I enter that album in the songlist, an unusal small image shows up. And I am not allowed to set other images for that particular album.

Not being able to drag or set an id3 image should be fixed in beta 3. The new lookup should also have more success now however sometimes it will only be able to find the old style images.

You will know it found a hi-res cover if the Cover Viewer icon is visible like it is for id3 embedded/cover.jpg images.

Fishy

posted on 2-4-2006 at 11:48 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
hmm weird. Now I can set a new image for that album. But, it does not turn up in the now playing area. The albumimage turns up in the albumlist, although smaller than usual. I don't know if this is only related to this specific album or to pre- beta 3 lookups, as I don't want this to happen to more albums.

This album had an embedded image in the tags, before I looked up a new image from the internal editor. I've tried to do a new autolookup with beta 3, as well as setting a new image located on my harddrive without success. That is it sets a new albumimage, but the image still refuses to turn up in the now playing panel for some reason. An interesting fact is that clicking the Cover Viewer icon makes ejukebox crash for this album.

Edit: After refreshing the album list it now has a normal size image. Both in the albumlist and songlist. Still refuses to turn up in now playing though. I choose to believe that this happens to albums looked up with a pre beta 3 ejukebox, and that it works ok with other albums. Guess I have to find a way to fix images for that specific album. The prize to pay for using beta sw :)
Also tried to dnd images from "find online". I've tried every reasonable way to set a new image for this album. It is a little hilarious as a matter of fact. It won't behave ;)

Have a look at a screenshot if you want. Link

-----------
Fishy
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 2-4-2006 at 11:55 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Fishy, I gonna fix that bug. It is related to the editor's undo function no working correctly.

That particular album will not be found by the new lookup because the actual album name online is "Stone Temple Pilots - Purple" instead of just "Purple". The old lookup finds it. The problem happens when you you click undo to go back to the id3 cover you had.

To fix that album just find it online and drag to the editor and click set image4all.

Fishy

posted on 2-5-2006 at 12:14 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yes you are right!

When I lookup the image it only finds a small image based on the old lookup method (no view cover button is visable). Strange that it doesn't work properly when I set a new image from harddrive or by dragging from the net though. It sets the image correctly (the view cover icon turns up) and seems correct both in the songlist and albumlist. But not in the now playing panel.

Hm, I've not pushed any undo button. Didn't know it existed one :). Where is that undo button located?

Think it would be great with a possibility to avoid the old lookup method alltogether by the way. Like that one can enable the autolookup in options and know that it will only set hires images whatever happens. Maybe some options for the autolookup would be appropiate?

-----------
Fishy
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 2-5-2006 at 12:21 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It turns out the problem is not caused by the undo button....located at the top left of the song editor. It looks like setting id3 tag images in the editor is not fixed in beta 3 afterall. Well I have to grab a bite to eat. I will try to get the editor all fixed up for a v3.995 release on monday....stay tuned for beta 4. Until then don't use the editor's lookup on songs that already have id3 embedded or cover.jpg art...that way you will not need to fix anything using the editor later.

Fishy

posted on 2-5-2006 at 12:27 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
No problem ;) Thanks for the good work. I am sure you'll figure this one out.

-----------
Fishy
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 2-5-2006 at 12:43 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
OK thanks Audiosoft, and Fishy for testing the new image lookup! :D
So I stay tuned... :)

rllercstr7

posted on 2-5-2006 at 01:16 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft,
Can you please respond to my U2U message reguarding the manual. I am having trouble attaching it to a post. Thanks!
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 2-5-2006 at 02:48 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Beta 4 is up...I got the bug in the editor fixed so this should be good to go as v3.995 final on Monday. Let me know if you find any other issues.

rllercstr7,
Check your U2U for my reply.

rllercstr7

posted on 2-5-2006 at 03:09 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks Audiosoft
It worked to attach the file as a zip. It just snuck in under 1MB :D
Fishy

posted on 2-5-2006 at 03:17 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks a lot Audiosoft. Works great now! :D

By the way, do you think it would be too resource demanding to scale the albumcovers in the songlist instead of just tileing them?

-----------
Fishy
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 2-5-2006 at 04:07 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:

By the way, do you think it would be too resource demanding to scale the albumcovers in the songlist instead of just tileing them?

It would probally be slower since it would have to create a new image file on the fly with the width and height of the image both equal the height underneath the songlist. The height under the songlist is not known until the list is fully loaded so there would also have to be a delay before the resized image shows up in the background. All in all I don't think it is worth it right now since you don't see it with albumlist open. It looks good enough right now tiled when you have a transparent gradient filter for the background in the songlist.dis file like the default skin does. But i will keep it in mind for v4.x...if i can make it work fast enough.

VWBUG

posted on 2-13-2006 at 09:01 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Don't like the change

I personally prefered the compilations at the start of the album list. It is far easier to jump to albums by a particular artist or to the start of the artists by simply pressing "A"

It bothers me that much that I am willing to regress back to the previous version.

Has the activation code problems been resolved as I have recommended ejukebox to a few friends who had used the trial, liked it and bought the software. Both were given activation codes that did not work. This surely must be putting people of buying ejukebox, which is a real tragedy.

Made in Scotland
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 2-13-2006 at 10:27 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
VWBUG,

It will not be easy but I could probably add an option to put the compilations at the top or the bottom. However, did you know that in v3.995 you can click Z to jump to the compilations at the bottom? Do you really still need them at the top?

I am currently working on a new ordering/registration system (I am 1/2 way done) where everyone that ordered before will get a new permanent username/password. Instead of a registration key you will use your username/password to register eJukebox as well as to view order history and email lost password from a web page.

Right now I am emailing everyone that orders (as soon as i see the order) their correct code since the current paypal setup sometimes returns the wrong code on the website when people order. So tell your friends to check their email. I will also be sending out new code requests on the 15th of this month (hopefully it will be the last time I need to do so).

Once the new system is in place there should be no more registration problems since the new username and passwords do not change with the application id#. You will also be able to order X number of Users and receive a 33% discount when you order eJukebox for more than 1 PC. The price will be raised on new orders for Lifetime Licenses while the current pricing structure will be used for 1 year licenses. So now is the time to order if you want to lock in an eJukebox Pro Lifetime License for the same price as a 1 year license.

Willum

posted on 2-14-2006 at 04:30 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft,
do you mean that the current users of EJ have a 1 year license ????
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 2-14-2006 at 05:05 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:

do you mean that the current users of EJ have a 1 year license ????

No! Anyone that ordered any version of eJukebox before today or ordered eJukebox Pro after today will get a new Lifetime License username and password for the version of eJukebox ordered (Lite, Standard, Pro). If you ordered X times your license will work on X many computers at the same time - for life!

VWBUG

posted on 2-14-2006 at 07:22 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks for the reply Audiosoft.

By pressing "Z" I still have to scroll through all the "Z" artists before I get to the compilations. Where as before, to get to specific artist albums all I had to do was press "A" and I was at the start.

I only mentioned the reg process as I did not want you to lose future customers. Would existing customers who require additional licences now pay the higher price? how much more is it likely to be? Still be well worth it:D

Made in Scotland

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats