Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Some features...
jacoblo33

posted on 5-13-2003 at 09:44 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Some features...

There are a few features that I would like to see.

First of all is the more advanced kiosk mode with additional options for the users in kiosk mode. Would like to have the possibility to change track order, remove tracks and possibly start visualisation.

Secondly, the great tray icon. Love the feature, but would like it to go one step further.
There is on bug, once you minimize, the tray icon name doesn't change once a new song is played. Even though eJukebox plays for an hour, its still the song that played when I minimized it that shows up when I pull my pointer over the eJ icon.
Why not add another menu to the tray icon? If you left click, I like the program to popup. But if you right click, why not just show a menu with features like, Next Song, Previous, Play, Pause, Stop, Exit, Start Visulization and most importantly Bookmark menu and possibly a rating system.
When minimized, an option allowing a popup window would be nice. Including a partial screenshot of a Trillian Plugin that popups each time a song is played. Works with eJukebox, but I need to have Trillian running for it to work.

I know someone has mentioned it before, but the possibility to jump to a different part of a song by clicking on the position bar (rather than todays dragging function).

Let me know what you guys think...

jacoblo33 has attached this image:
ej.gif - 17.25kb
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
jacoblo33

posted on 5-13-2003 at 10:27 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
would just like to add that the startup process is way better with the new release. not going to ask what you did, but it works great!
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
jacoblo33

posted on 5-13-2003 at 03:30 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Feel like I am talking to myself :) but an option to turn off lookup for album covers and info.

Right now, all my songs with Albums names are complete albums and they also have cover art.

All the other ones neither have album names or covers. But everytime they are played it takes 5-10 second for eJukebox to look it up.
After that, the new album name is displayed everywhere in eJukebox for that song.
jhlurie

posted on 5-13-2003 at 06:14 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by jacoblo33
Feel like I am talking to myself :)

jacoblo33, Audiosoft may not have seen this, since "Requested Features" are normally in a different forum.

Also, I think they've got a reasonably good record to responding to postings about bugs, but with new features I don't think they want to commit themselves until the development is much further along.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-14-2003 at 12:38 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
We have added the ability to jump to a different part of a song by simply clicking on the position bar. That will be apart of the next version that is released after v3.12.

Also we definitely plan on adding a nice looking right click menu to the tray icon, with the features you suggested, and are looking into the other things.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jacoblo33

posted on 5-14-2003 at 07:07 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Sounds good.

The image attached is just to give a hint how it could look. As of now, it pops up for a few seconds everytime a new song is played.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-26-2003 at 03:00 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
In v3.18, we have fixed the bug where the tray icon name doesn't change after a new song is played.
We also have completed preliminary work on the traybar slideup menu, so that feature is in the works.

Jacoblo33,

As requested, we have added a new option, in v3.18, to "Disable Automatic Cover Lookups"

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jacoblo33

posted on 5-27-2003 at 08:15 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks. Great work.
Love the kiosk mode!

It's great about how much attention you pay to the users thoughts.

Thanks once again
Pirk
Posting Freak

thumbup.gif posted on 5-27-2003 at 04:30 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I like a lot the new seeking ability, it's handy and efficient.

Thanks to Jacoblo33 for the idea, and to Audiosoft for carrying out!

Pirk
jacoblo33

posted on 5-27-2003 at 04:37 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Didn't even notice that the first time. But thanks once again! Great work
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats