Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Why a maximum of five on the Popularity mode sliders?
jhlurie

posted on 4-29-2003 at 08:41 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Why a maximum of five on the Popularity mode sliders?

Go into the Popularity Mode settings and take a look at the two slider controls. They start at zero and end at five.

I understand the need to have a maximum--you don't want a song which has been manually requested to totally dominate Popularity mode. But why isn't this upper threshhold left more up to the user? Basically this means that I can't make a deliberate choice to allow Popularity mode playing of songs I've manually chosen six times or seven or whatever...

The sliders should go higher, in my opinion. If a user deliberately WANTS to play a greater number of songs which are less listened to, then he or she can lower the values picked in the sliders.

Perhaps this process could be simplified by having several "pre-sets", which can be chosen from some kind of pull down, in addition to the numerical sliders. The pre-sets could say things like "Play all songs", "Play only songs which are very popular", "Play only songs which are moderately popular", etc.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-29-2003 at 09:13 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
You are mistaken about the sliders being limited. They are not limited at all, infact they are completely dynamic. The Maximum value allowable is made equal to the # of times your most popular song has been picked.

So in your case it is currently being limited to 5 because your most popular song was only picked 5 times. If you pick it again or a different song 6 times the limit will be raised to 6. This way the sliders do not allow you to set them to a number of times picked higher than your current most popular song.

Also popularity of songs is not increased unless you pick the song by clicking a "play now" icon for the song in eJukebox or by adding it to the eJukebox playlist. When a song is selected and played by Popularity, Custom, or Playlist Mode the popularity of that song does not get increased.

The idea for "Presets" is a good one. We plan on adding a menu with a few presets soon.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jhlurie

posted on 4-29-2003 at 10:44 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ah, good. Thanks. It seems weird that I've never chosen a song more than five times, but there you go... :)

Yes, the pre-sets will be very cool.
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats