Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Can't Preview in 3.01
Dyno Don

posted on 4-8-2003 at 02:11 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Can't Preview in 3.01

Audiosoft, I upgraded today after reading the email, but now I can't preview anything. "Unable..." I went back to 3.0 and it works fine. Saw your scroll in the now playing window so I am back at 3.01. Preview does not work.

I have also had the "now playing window stuck" problem. As said you can go to next song but the window never changes. Have to reboot eJ.

Thanks

Don
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-8-2003 at 02:43 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Nothing has changed with the preview so a recompile of eJukebox should fix the problem. It did last time. Does the preview not work at all or work for some songs?

Once we figure out what is causing the now playing window to get stuck we will put out a new version.

If you play the song that got stuck after restarting eJukebox does it stick on that song again? If so what is the file name of the mp3.

Are any of your songs on a network drive?

After it gets stuck will it keep playing different songs on its own or do you have to click NEXT. (Move the time slider towards the end of the song to test this without having to wait for the whole song to play through)

Also, next time try right clicking on the now playing panel when it gets stuck and see if that releases it.

Wish we could test these things ourselves but we have yet to experience this problem. Hopefully we will soon.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Dyno Don

posted on 4-8-2003 at 03:23 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft,
I'll be glad to help. Just loaded a big list and we'll see what happens. I am sure it happens in playlist mode, haven't seen it do it in popularity mode. I'll let you know.
Thanks for your support.

Don

------------------
No failure after 30 songs. Had to go to bed. Having a gang over tonight. I'll let you know.

Don
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 4-8-2003 at 01:18 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hi Audiosoft,

Like Dyno Don, I CAN'T PREVIEW AT ALL none of my songs SINCE I HAVE UPGRADED TO 3.01 even if I restart eJ.
It's the same problem than before with 3.0 beta3.
If I put back 3.0 the preview works perfectly (never stuck) all the time for all my songs.
Aside from a few albums I have corrupted by some huge images, but it's another problem.
I always have media player9 installed.

Pirk
Dyno Don

posted on 4-8-2003 at 02:24 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Corrupted files

I didn't want to bring it up again but I still cannot import any images using the editor without corrupting the files. For example, I will edit a song from an album with no image. I try to look it up and it can't be found. If I save the image from Allmusic and then import it, corruption. If I link to the url of the image at Allmusic it also corrupts the files. All files in the album now have the first few seconds cut off them. I have not been able to successfully import since the last time we discussed this. Every time I get a new upgrade I test this. It has never done it without corruption.
Anyone know how to do it successfully?

Thanks

Don

---------------------
WinXP Pro SP1
Media Player 9
Winamp 2.81
866 with 384 ram
stsirois

posted on 4-8-2003 at 03:25 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yikes!! I thought this was resolved! Does this happen when an album image is attached outside of eJ as well?

Steve
Dyno Don

posted on 4-8-2003 at 04:07 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
To be honest I have never tried something else. I will try today and report back.

Don
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 4-8-2003 at 05:03 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'm afraid your are perfectly right Dyno Don,

All the files which contain an ID3 image added with eJ have their first few seconds cut off.
Unfortunately it's true, I have compared my latest ripped CDs with the original CDs. Since an image is added in an ID3 tag with the eJ editor, the first 2 or 3 seconds are missing. Even if the files don't appear as corrupted in the Winamp file information box, THE FIRST SECONDS ARE REALLY AND PERMANENTLY LOST...

Audiosoft,

I greatly hope you could fix that, because the loss of audio datas is a major problem for those who like the music.

Thanks

Pirk
Dyno Don

posted on 4-8-2003 at 05:36 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
After I lost those 34 albums last time (mostly recovered) I have been very VERY careful with that tool. I really enjoy having the correct cover but not at that cost. Obviously.
I am surprised no one else complained. Either no one else uses the tool, or they don't know their files are corrupted. I guess if you used a big enough cross-fader, you wouldn't notice. :D

Don
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 4-8-2003 at 07:16 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
My own tests

Dyno Don,
Yes, I use a cross-fader which hide the problem...

Audiosoft,
I have tested for a song, the file size and the total time after insertion of images in the ID3 tags with Tag&Rename compared with eJukebox editor:

song size without image 2987Ko / total time of the song 191 seconds = 15.64Ko/s

song 2987Ko + image 19Ko put with Tag&Rename = 3006Ko, 191 seconds -> normal
song 2987Ko + image 19Ko put with eJ editor = 2987Ko, 189 seconds -> 2s lost
(image 19Ko / 15.64Ko = 1.21 -> 2s)

song 2987Ko + image 52Ko put with Tag&Rename = 3039Ko, 191 seconds -> normal
song 2987Ko + image 52Ko put with eJ editor = 2987Ko, 187 seconds -> 4s lost
(image 52Ko /15.64= 3.32 -> 4s)

So the problem with eJ is clear, the image inserted with the eJukebox editor take up the space of the first seconds of the song!

Pirk
Dyno Don

posted on 4-8-2003 at 10:12 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Pirk,
Those are quite some calculations. But it proves what I assumed all along but could not prove it. The song SIZE doesn't get any bigger so when you add an image it just steps on the song.
Ouch!
It did use to be more around 8 seconds. Now just a couple. Has to be the size of the imported image.

Don
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-8-2003 at 10:14 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Can someone please download the following and replace the old file in your C:\Program Files\eJukebox folder and let us know if the preview works for you. Thank you.

http://www.audiosoft.net/eJukebox.exe

Regarding the ID3 image bug:
We have contacted the company that makes the module eJukebox uses for the actual ID3 tag writing to fix this issue. Hopefully we will have it corrected soon.

This problem only occurs when you add an ID3 image using eJukebox on files without ID3 padding. As of v3.0 Beta 1, If you added the image outside of eJukebox you have nothing to worry about. Before v3.0 Beta 1, if you edited any information (on a mp3 with an ID3 image without padding) using the eJukebox editor this bug could occur.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 4-9-2003 at 07:36 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks for to pay attention to these bugs.

Your latest exe seems to fix the problem of previewing for me.

Concerning the bug caused by the module used to write the ID3 tags made by another company, I hope they are as much as reactive than you...

Pirk
Dyno Don

posted on 4-9-2003 at 09:47 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It fixed the preview for me too. I thought I had posted that last night but my note is not here. Anyway, works fine.
I agree with Pirk on the ID3. There could be folks out there corrupting their files unknowingly.

Don
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 5-5-2003 at 08:33 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Audiosoft
Regarding the ID3 image bug:
We have contacted the company that makes the module eJukebox uses for the actual ID3 tag writing to fix this issue. Hopefully we will have it corrected soon.

Something new about this bug?
Do the company have been able to correct the ID3 image bug?

Pirk
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats