Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Exporting etc
jojo

posted on 7-2-2004 at 05:46 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Exporting etc

Audiosoft, you have done a great job on ejuikebox, each version has improved greatly. I was currious if there were plans to export songs to a playlist based on the star rating? I'd love to be able to use something like this to export to my Dell Jukebox. Currently I have to load wm player and rate them in there too. It works, but is a headache to keep up with almost 6,000 songs now.
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger jojo's Yahoo
jojo

posted on 7-12-2004 at 07:25 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Folow up on Export

Is there a way to load songs by say a star rating, build a play list, then save it? I ask because I just got done with major media updates and rebuilding my whole library and wanted to update my Portable device, but currently have nothing. Any help on this would be oh so appreciated.
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger jojo's Yahoo
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 7-12-2004 at 08:20 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Good idea...
We are planning on adding an "Export" button next to "Start Now" in the AutoPlay Options panel....which will allow you to save the autoplay tracks to a playlist file.

From there you can also elect to save the file to the Bookmarks folder to easily create new Bookmarks. For example you could create the specifications for the Bookmark using Custom mode then output the file to the Bookmarks folder.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jojo

posted on 7-12-2004 at 08:52 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Audiosoft
Good idea...
We are planning on adding an "Output" button next to "Start Now" in the AutoPlay Options panel....which will allow you to save the autoplay tracks to a playlist file.

From there you can also elect to save the file to the Bookmarks folder to easily create new Bookmarks. For example you could create the specifications for the Bookmark using Custom mode then output the file to the Bookmarks folder.

That would be great for a lot of us, Perhaps if it could be expanded somehow to pull a list of all 5 star, or 4and 5 etc, for transfer. I'm trying to figure out where the info is stored in the tags to play with getting winamp or other software to recoginize it somewhow, but seems to be harder than I thought.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 7-13-2004 at 12:03 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
RE: Perhaps if it could be expanded somehow to pull a list of all 5 star, or 4and 5 etc, for transfer

Yes you will be able to do this under v3.90 by setting the atleast and atmost stars under popularity mode then clicking "Export". It will export all the matching tracks to a playlist file sorted by Artist-Album-Track#-Title.

The star ratings are stored in a custom field in the mp3 ID3v2 tag named "asnrating" with a 0-100 value.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Spazz

posted on 9-4-2004 at 01:57 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Audiosoft

The star ratings are stored in a custom field in the mp3 ID3v2 tag named "asnrating" with a 0-100 value.

Anyone know of a tag editor that lets you get to this field? Or a way to use them for an autoplaylist in WMP or Musicmatch? I'd love to use my ratings to sync with my mp3 player but can't really figure how.

http://area51.gerpok.com/song/spazz.png
jojo

smile.gif posted on 9-4-2004 at 03:56 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Yes you will be able to do this under v3.90 by setting the atleast and atmost stars under popularity mode then clicking "Export". It will export all the matching tracks to a playlist file sorted by Artist-Album-Track#-Title.

I got to tell you, I'm axious for the next version of Ejukebox.... any ETA on at least a teaser update? I've tried so hard to keep my shirt on here, but I almost can't wait to see what the next version has in store for us. :)
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats