Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Album Edits
Spazz

posted on 6-28-2004 at 08:47 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Album Edits

Not sure when this happened, I just noticed when I set it to open up the album for the current song. Anyways, I seem to remember editing the album (Marking as a compilation specificly) set the tags for every song in that album to match. If it ever did it ain't working now.

http://area51.gerpok.com/song/spazz.png
Spazz

posted on 7-3-2004 at 10:43 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I take it no one has any ideas about this? Am I just hallucinating that it used to mark all songs with the same album name as compilations before?

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 7-3-2004 at 11:17 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
All songs in the album need to have the same album image (or no album image) in order for checking the compilation checkbox in the editor to work and set the compilation value for all the songs in the album.

So to get it to work when all songs do not have the same album image you need to edit a song from the compilation - make sure Compilation is cheked and then click SetImageForAll...then uncheck and check Compilation again for it to update the compilation value on all the songs.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Spazz

posted on 7-4-2004 at 08:35 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hmmm... They should all be the same image since I save the image from allmusic then inject it with tag&rename but I'll give it a whirl

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 7-15-2004 at 09:55 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
eJukebox v3.90 will support the dropping of album images on the song editor to automatically encode the image in the ID3 tag.

This way you will not need to click the "Use Image from..." button and enter the file path or url. Instead, you can just find your cover image online...drag it from the web page and drop it on the album image in the editor. eJukebox will then instantly set the dragged image as the album image in eJukebox's database and the ID3 tag.

You will also be able to drop images from a web page or local file on the eJukebox CD Ripper in v3.90.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Fishy

posted on 7-15-2004 at 11:39 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Will it set the dragged image as default for all songs in that album? Sounds superb anyway..
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 7-16-2004 at 12:28 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
RE: Will it set the dragged image as default for all songs in that album? Sounds superb anyway..

It will if you click the "SetImage4All" button that appears after you change the album cover on the song. That button only appears when songs in the same album have different images.

We also have updated the look of the eJukebox song editor for v3.90 to make it easier to use and understand the advanced features such as the 'Set 4 All' Genre, Year and Album Image buttons.

Fishy

posted on 7-16-2004 at 12:40 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Glad that you are improving the tag editor :) Made me think about something by the way:

A friend of mine tested out ejukebox recently and reacted negativly on that the autolookup feature edited his tags in addtion to often finding the wrong coverimage.

Are there any plans on making the autolookup more precise (more exact match maybe through several tagfields like artist and albumname for instance. If no match is found, then do nothing and suggest the user to encode the images themselves) and make it so it doesn't change/edit the tags, which often are perfectly set up even if the coverimage is lacking. I think this would make it easier to get started with ejukebox...

Hope this can be looked into for 4.0 at least, as it seems like it can frustrate new users a lot...

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
ochristmas

posted on 7-16-2004 at 06:56 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yeah I would agree with Fishy - I am still nervous with how eJukebox interacts with my tags. Maybe an Internet Explorer type approach (security settings) where you have different "interactive settings":

Off: nothing is touched! ie write protect

Low: Only 100% accurate match allows any change (ie on title, album AND artist)

Medium: Only missing information is added ie album cover, year, genre etc;

High: As is currently - if eJukebox thinks it knows better it adds, and updates the info.

I would love this.....:D
stsirois

posted on 7-17-2004 at 01:17 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Sounds like a great idea, ochristmas! Seems like it would provide great flexibility for the user.

Thanks,
Steve
Fishy

posted on 7-17-2004 at 02:31 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yes agreed on ochristmas... At least the autolookup feature is the first thing that many users meet with ej.. And belive me, the feedback about this function is extreamly negative from the people I've recommended it for.. And some have abonded the program just because of it Too bad for them, because they never got to discover the power of this great program just beacause of this... :(

General complaints i've heard:

1. People really hate that it finds the wrong cover image.

2. Even more they hate that the wrong image is encoded into the mp3's.. Without any confirmation..

3. But most of all they dislike that the mp3's are edited ("hacked" as one named it) to something different than the user has set the tags to.. This is not a field to challenge users on really...

Sadly it just doesn't help that I show how great ej can work when propely setup.. I know that all of my tags are set up by hand and most users doesn't have the patience for that. So it seems kindof essiential that the autolookup feature works ok? Don't know?

Ej is a fantastic plugin and doesn't deserve to make a negative first impression on new users.. So I hope this will be evaluted before the 4.0 release.

Just thoughts... Hope that these critics are seen as constructive..
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 7-17-2004 at 02:47 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:

2. Even more they hate that the wrong image is encoded into the mp3's.. Without any confirmation..

3. But most of all they dislike that the mp3's are edited ("hacked" as one named it) to something different than the user has set the tags to.. This is not a field to challenge users on really

Both 2 and 3 are incorrect. eJukebox does not encode any of the images it looks up into the ID3 tag. It only encodes an image identifier # into a hidden tag field. The only time it encodes any image into the ID3 tag is when you click the "Use Image From..." button on the Editor or Ripper to set your own image.

eJukebox also does not modify the tag data on the artist and album name when it finds the wrong info...only the info in the eJukebox database is changed.

We realize that the autolookup feature is not the greatest...which is why we are looking into changing it to use amazon.com's XML service to perform much quicker lookups...and only return covers when the album name exactly matches.

Fishy

posted on 7-17-2004 at 03:04 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
hm, I've obviously misunderstood the technically details around this. I realize that it is troublesome.. Sometimes a user got the albumname right and nothing at the artist... And sometime vicaverca.. Don't got a constructive suggestion on this, wish I had really.. But is it possible to make it so when all realevant tags are set correct, then it would look up at amazon? Just grab the image data and nothing more?

Don't want to be a nag at all.. Just wanted to bring this to your attention.. It's great to hear that you are concidering alternative sollutions at least...

Keep up the good work!

-----------
Fishy
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 7-18-2004 at 01:27 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : Audiosoft
We realize that the autolookup feature is not the greatest...which is why we are looking into changing it to use amazon.com's XML service to perform much quicker lookups...and only return covers when the album name exactly matches.

It's a very good news if you use amazon sites in future, for many reasons:

1) It's already at amazon.fr that i catch almost all my covers, in 300x300!

2) That would be great if we could benefit from these beautiful 300x300 images in eJukebox... in the now playing panel; i mean in full size of course!

3) Amazon is more international than allmusic. It exists Amazon.com, Amazon.co.UK, Amazon.FR, Amazon.DE, Amazon.CA, and even Amazon.co.JP!
So i hope the Amazon XML service you plan to use will works for the non-US sites too? That would be formidable!!

Thanks.
ochristmas

posted on 7-19-2004 at 06:49 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
sounds great - it would definitely get my vote. Also if it was XML does this mean it would be user configurable?
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats