Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Album Titles not coming up in a Group
CiXel

posted on 4-3-2003 at 05:00 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Album Titles not coming up in a Group

So I have a compilation album, (a few of course) And the Album titles are identically tagged (IE "Aware 7";) But the Artists are different. So if I do a search for "Aware 7" it will come up with a list of the tunes on that album in Artist alphabetical order. With the associated album cover image in the right hand column (all the same, just one album image)
However, if I click on the Cover Image, it only will display a single song from the compilation.

This happens on all my compilation discs.

What's the verdict?

If I type in "Aware 7" in the type box, and it says so on the header, all the songs show up (all be it in alphabetical order rather than track order), and if I click the cover Image, it still says "Aware 7" on the header, but only brings up a single song.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-3-2003 at 06:24 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Did you set the album as a compilation by checking the "Compilation" checkbox in the eJukebox song editor?

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
CiXel

posted on 4-3-2003 at 04:58 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Compilation Check Box

Ahh, ok... New feature I didn't find on a search. Sorry. So now That's cool (Nice editor by the way) But How do I make my compilations showup organized by Track Number as opposed to by alphabetical artist name? Is there an Option for that? Or should we think about adding a small column for "Track Number" or just "#" that we could click on to sort by that, as well as have them displayed when there is only one artist.

Thoughts... ideas...?
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-3-2003 at 08:15 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The Track numbers are already displayed along the left side of the songlist display "under" the artist's name - if your songs have track number data.

We are looking into a better way to do this when the album has more than one artist, since currently there is no room to place the track number on the same line as an artist name. There is only room to display track numbers on lines where the artist name is already displayed on a line above it.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
CiXel

smile.gif posted on 4-3-2003 at 10:15 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I understand the track numbers the way it is now are "hidden" underneath the Artist name, but how do I set it so it oragnizes the songs by track number instead or alphabetical artist name (which is how it is now) under these compilations.

Maybe it would be possible then in a future release to create a column between "Artist" and "Play now" named "#" that is a column with the track number.

But that's a later thing, how do I organize by track number now ;)
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-4-2003 at 12:59 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Right now it sorts by Artist -> Album -> Track #
because regular song lists can have results with more than 1 artist.

We are working on a solution so that it sorts by Album -> Track # and ignores the Artist when viewing a compilation album.

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 4-4-2003 at 06:20 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
We have corrected this problem in v3.0.

It now always sorts album song lists by Track # first.

CiXel

biggrin.gif posted on 4-4-2003 at 11:28 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Rock On!

Good work int he field guys!

It's been said before, but I love how you guys take an active interest in your product! Kee up the great work!
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats